FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 248>
Author
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:03pm
Yay how exciting Jade. Umm sun!! Haha

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
Sponsored Links

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 9:54pm
Thanks for the link Kyra. I only verbally requested the change as I thought I had a good relationship with my managers, so I'm now thinking possibly I should put it in writing. That would mean I'd have to go back to work full-time for 2 months as they have 3 months to make a decision. At least then they'd have to come up with a genuine reason/excuse to decline me. I have applied for 4 jobs this week, but I hate the whole job interview/applying process. We're buying our weekly lotto ticket for a lucky windfall, but it's probably just a donation to the lotteries commission, lol. No luck tonight Hopefully the perfect job will come along, good pay and the hours I need.

A question regarding reflux, can baby's get it later on? Grace has a gurgly tummy, and has been spilling quite alot lately. We've also had trouble with getting wind up. It's only been the last couple of weeks. TIA

Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 2:14pm
hi i've been reading a lot about reflux lately, babies can also develop it from around 3 months. It is supposed to get better when they start solids. We are going back to the doctors tomorrow as Lyle's dose of losec is too low - they need a higher dose the more they weigh, we have had a horrible couple of weeks. He hates lying on his back, screws his face up, spills, grunts, screams, drools, wants to be held, and wants to feed constantly to sooth himself. You can put some folded blankets under Grace's mattress to prop her up when sleeping and try to feed her pretty much upright.
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 9:06pm
Yeh it sucks that couldn't sort something out more casually with your managers. We're donating weekly to the lotteries commission too    Hope you can find a job that suits, or your managers reconsider!

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
MerlinFluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 9:13am
OMG I am sooo far behind... I have no idea what's going on with everyone. I'll try to read back!

Things here are great. Zak is a very easy baby. Sleeping 8.30 - 5.30 most nights. Hardly cries, smiles and giggles all the time. Been travelling a lot with him. We are in the middle of planning a trip to the UK (where I am from) via Malaysia in November. Will be interesting travelling with an infant through SE Asia!! :p

*goes to read...*
***Elly***

greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 1:12pm
HI Merlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time no speaky!!!

Glad its going well.

Hes finally here :-)
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 2:37pm
Hi Merlin, Zak sounds like a treasure
Jas, I've had books under the legs of Grace's bassinet, especially when she had a cold. She doesn't spill in bed though, just when she's in her rocker or if we're holding her. I was thinking of taking her to the Dr this week to get her checked out. Will have to be later on this week, thanks to all the snow. Hope you managed to go today. Also found out a workmate's brother passed away last week, so I want to go to his funeral sometime this week too.
Kyra, I'm thinking that I will just go back to work and try to negoiate once I'm back, but in writing. Still have some time to think about it though.
Hope everyone is keeping warm with all the freezing weather.

MrsRP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 3:42pm
Hi Guys

Sorry - been terribly MIA for last couple of months!! Haven't been on here in ages - mainly been on FB when I get a chance to get online.

Jade - I think I've "found" you on FB - sent you a request but forgot to put message in so hopefully you work out who I am - sorry about that

Hannah - great to hear all is going well - have been thinking about you.

Will try to read back over pages to catch up.

Hope you are all well and babies doing well too.

Logan is doing absolutely great - 4 1/2 mths now and just a little joy. Sleeping 10hrs consistently with a few longer sleeps occasionally. Still sleeping pretty well during the day too.

Take care

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 4:02pm
Yep I just got it.

hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 10:21am
Hey!!! Sorry I havn't been on, my computer has been broken.
How is everyone doing? Lachlan has started sleeping 8 -9 hours at night! its great. usually i still have to get up and give him his dummy though.
Is anyone thinking of starting solids soon? I wanted to wait until 6 months but he seems to be really hungry lately and im feeding him after his sleeps (like normal) but he also seems to want to feed before his sleeps!

Cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 12:41pm
Hi ladies
this is a question to those of you with new born nabies. How many nappies do to average a week or per day? I am due Feb 2012 so still a long way to go but I would like to get some nappies etc each week and put them away for when baby is here. My youngest is 13 in September so I can't remember how many I used last time.

Thanks for the help.
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 7:08pm
Hey Cinderella, most little babies need changing between 8 - 10 times a day, sometimes more sometimes less. Hope that helps

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 7:14pm
Awesome with the sleeping Hayley! I'm going to wait until 6 months for solids cos I like to do more the baby-led weaning way. I feed Aislinn when she wakes up and before she has a nap so she gets feed heaps (like every 1 - 2 hours), no wonder she's a little porkchop lol.

Lucky everyone with all these babies that sleep a long time at night! Aislinn still wakes 2 - 3 times most nights.

And I'm so excited, she is sooo close to rolling. She was nearly over all the way tonight, she just needed a little bit more momentum to get herself over! I was really hoping she'd do it before we put her bed, I remember Lena used to reach her milestones in the last hours before bedtime for some reason.. oh well, hopefully tomorrow

So who has snow????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 8:48pm
Awesome sleep hayley.

I tried Caden on Farex for 3 days but dont think hes quite there yet lol.. will wait until he shows more signs.

Hes sleeping 8pm - 7.30-8am the past week

Cinderella I had 2 huge boxes 150 naps of the huggies newborn and went through them as caden was little... but yeah had a nappy change each feed.. so 8-9 less now hes older.

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 9:16pm
Havent been on in ages, school holidays and the likes!
I have been having millions of struggles here, my milk almost dried out :( stress of four kids and realtionship issues taking its toll. Am using a hospital grade pump and experssing after each feed, but still needing to give Formula :( Levi had an ear infection, has just finished his antibiotics.
Its my dd's 9th bday today!
Anyways just a quick post haven't forgotten you ladies, just struggling along

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 8:17am
Wow wheres everybody gone? So quiet on here! I had that LEEP procedure yest afternoon so pretty sore today :( Levis improving he put on weight this week, in fact lots of weight (330gms) all the expressing and bottle top ups appears to be working :) he's very chatty and his new trick is blowing bubbles :p currently he's busy kicking me!! We seem to have a bit of a routine goin, down around 7pm, feeds at 10ish, 12-1,4 and then up for the day around 6 wish he would wait until 7.30 but big bro started his day at 5.30 this morning so it wouldn't have given me more sleep anyways!
Hope ur all well and babies are happy and healthy

RJB00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJB00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:09pm
Lots of hugs Poohbear, hang in there your doing an awsome job:) How is the milk supply now? Are you on Facebook by any chance? There is a page full of mums from OB from Jan to April, I'ts an awsome bunch of people and you can get great support from them all. You will be supprised how many people have similar stories, Can be a great support network. If you like add me Rosanna Thomas and I'll add you to the group.

Hey to everyone else:) Benn so busy renovating my house at the mo.... new laundry exciting!!
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:22pm
Thanks I've added u ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 3:57pm
Hayley how you going? I know your not on facebook so just checking in!

nicci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2011 at 10:03am
Hi everyone,

Bit of a blast from the past here .... I'm sorry I'm so slack. I have been reading but not posting. I have PND :( sort of thought I did but refused to believe it until I was called out for not getting dressed a few days in a row and always crying.

Things are on the up now, drugs have improved the situation and hubby is trying to be home a bit more too.

DS2 is great, sleeping 7 - 10, then 10.30 - 7am each night. He had a wee cold last week which broke the cycle but otherwise he's a cruisy we guy.

DS1 is finally coming around to have a sibling. He tries to play with him and talks to him which is nice.

I've made the decision to go back to work on Nov 14, just working out whether I go do it P/T until the new year, just to ease back into it. Once I've made that decision I will write to my boss and let him know. My work has a graduated return to work policy which allows new parents to work 50% of their hours for up to 3 months when they start back at work. I'm going to take full advantage of it.

Take care ladies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 248>