FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248>
Author
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2011 at 9:27pm
Hey Nicci, I'm sorry to hear that you have PND, but it's good that the meds are helping :) I ended up with it with DS, but no sign this time, touch wood. I'm going back to work on 24 Aug :(, so only 1 1/2 weeks left with my darling little girl. I like the sound of the graduated return to work policy, unfortunately I'm returning back fulltime. My SIL will be looking after Grace and Rhys will be at his daycare fulltime. Not ideal, but it will have do until something better comes along.
Grace is doing well, she been on solids since tuesday, 3 days with farex, 4 days with veges, she's a right wee piggy, lol. She was weighed on the 4th and she's only 6.2kgs, so I'm sure that will change shortly. She's also a shorty at only 58cms. She's sleeping through since last tuesday too, which will work out well with returning to work. The past 2 nights it was 13 hours, so very stoked. Before tues, she had a feed at 10.30pm each night, which we dropped with the introduction of solids. Next move is to move her into her own room, which I'm abit paranoid about, as I'm still worried another big quake could hit. I'm sure it'll all be fine though.
Well, gotta go and make a hot drink, another freezing night here tonight with the snow.

Edited by RBsMama

Sponsored Links

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 5:43pm
I'd be a bit paranoid about the quakes too RBsMama! OB does seem to be quiet these days, almost everyone is on FB.

Most of you probably know already, Aislinn is up for Baby of the Day - please go vote for her

And we'd love you forever if you shared with your friends

http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/community/baby-of-the-day/vote-for-today's-winner

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 1:09pm

Hope everyone is good.

caden is great and has his first 2 teeth popping up!! exciting.

Edited by greenstone27

Hes finally here :-)
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 3:57pm
I am on FB, but I think it's nice to post on here occasionally
Exciting news that Caden's got 2 teeth coming through, Grace has 1 top one trying to make an appearance.

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 7:40pm
yuk teething! Ash's cheeks have been bright red and she's drooling heaps..hoping its just the cold weather and not teeth coming through! Might have to try putting her amber necklace back on to see if it helps, had to take it off cos it kept getting lost in her neck rolls, lol.

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 8:23pm
I got a amber necklace for Grace and put it on her this week. Not sure it's helping, but her droolings not too bad. I got it from Picopico and it was only $24.50, and free delivery, so most impressed

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 8:59am
Please don't forget to vote today both Levi and Caden are up for baby of the day, Levi is falling behind he would much appreciate the votes: http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/community/baby-of-the-day/vote-for-today's-winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 12:09pm
Ooh crap i forgot to put his necklace on....

Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:42pm
ll

Edited by Jas2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 8:58pm
hi!

DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 8:42pm
Hi
I have not had a chance to catch up on all the news. We have finally this week got broadband since we moved here! What a mare it has been on dial up... hence the complete lack of communication!!
How is everyone? All is well with my lot Sophia is on good form and is a delight.
Hope you are all well
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 9:07am
Hey guys,I know heaps of you dont come on here anymore but I am DESPERATE for some advice...
Lachie has never been the best at sleeping but he hasn't been terrible either. About a month ago I weaned him from his dummy as I was getting up every hour or so to give it back to him. After about a week he adjusted and his night sleep improved sooooo much. Day naps took a while to get him to settle without the dummy but we got there in the end.
Now from Thursday until now he has screamed every time I have put him down for a day sleep. It has taken me at least 1.5 hours EVERY nap to get him to sleep, i ended up giving him his dummy on Saturday which helped but last night I was back to giving it back to him every hour so got no sleep and today he is refusing to go down for his morning nap even with the dummy!!. I have tried white noise, music, patting, shushing, leaving him (not for too long), picking him up and putting him down and nothing is working, I am at my whits end and its sooo frustrating and I hate feeling frustrated at him. Does anyone have any advice at all to offer? what do you do for day naps?
Thanks in advance!!!
DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 9:06pm
Hi Hayley, I am no expert but is he overtired? What time does he get up? How long are you keeping him up for? Could it be wind? Teeth? How old is he now? He is probally now starting to become aware of his surroundings more so have you kept something consistant like drawing the curtains in the day, saying the same thing when you put him down to sleep?

Have you topped him up some more with milk? Is he ready for solids?? Sorry I havent been on here for such a long time so am a bit out of touch with what he has been up to!!

Sophia gets up at about 7ish and then after 2 hrs is back to bed - at the most. Then up again 1030/11ish and back to be at 1230. Lights out, room warm and curtains/blinds down. Nap again at 430 and then sleep at 7.

Hope this helps?
Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 7:52am
Hi Hayley, how frustrating alright!! What works for us is making sure our wee man is tired when he goes down and to make sure have a wind down period, we can't just put him straight down or he loses it, he needs to be cuddled and made a little drowsy. I put him down, pat his chest, tuck him in and walk straight out. Then if he cries a quick reassurance. But then I still plug the dummy in aswell...

Like DaisyBoo suggested it could be Lachie might be ready to drop a day sleep now that they're almost 6 months or you could extend his awake time a little? how much is he sleeping/awake for during the day?

DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:48am
Hayley how are you doing? x
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:06pm
Hey guys,
I have had a bit more success over the last couple of days. I still have to give him his dummy though. We have a very similar routine to you Daisyboo, normallY he is up at 7ish and does not stay up for more than 2 hours at a time, and he is down for the night at 7.
I now have the problem of him waking 6 - 8 times a night for me to put his dummy back in!!! I dont want to take it off him, he really loves it and im happy for him to haveit when he is in bed, I Just dont enjoy getting up this often at night! lol
Thanks for all your replies, Im not sure why he has started this. He is 6 months old and is having solids,we do have a wind down period before naps as well... its very strange!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:52pm
Hi hayley.
is he teething maybe? has he got any teethys yet??? caden has 2 but his sleep was never effected. Um... can he self settle himself to sleep??? as around 5-6 months they start fully waking between sleep cycles and if they cant self settle themselves they will wake u???
I got rid of Cadens dummy at 3 months, although I only used it for his very last down for the night sleep.... but he wouldnt take it himself i had to hold it, so hit that one on the head...
do you still wrap him? im trying to think of anything here lol... I hope he gets better for u anyways.

hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 11:17am
Yay we had an okish night last night! Only 2 wake ups, and he went straight to sleep for his nap today!
Got some more news for you guys... Im pregnant again, only found out yesterday, and am still in a state of shock! This is a supprise for us, a good one, but im a bit concerned how i will cope with the pregnancy and such a close age gap!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 11:59am
Oh wow... congratulations Hayley!!!!!!!!!!
Im sure you will be fine. and this time around u will know what to expect so its great news.... yay

Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 1:18pm
Congrats Hayley! Great news. Hope you are feeling good and that your wee man will be sleeping well again soon. Are you on Facebook yet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248>