FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEcostore cream strip?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anonymous55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ecostore cream strip?!
    Posted: 02 August 2010 at 5:04pm
Hi ladies,

I've searched stripping threads but there's so much conflicting advice on vinegar, dishwashing liquid etc!

I've got a whole array of mcn's and I need to strip. DD gets constant rash unless I have her in sposies with heaps of cream and lately I have been using ecostore cream (with mf liners) in her mcn's. Still, the nappies are starting to leak the whole time now and i think I shouldn't have washed the liners full if cream with the nappies. ARGHH!
My question:
Since I have so many different mcn's can I use one stripping progress for the whole lot? And how to get the cream residue out of the liners?? I can still see it in the liners if I hold them against light, even tho I'vve given them 2x 95 degree washes 8-[
I have flexitots, berry plush, fuzzis, honeychild, prefolds, mf inserts, ittis, babyland, bamboo/hemp prefolds etc!!
I normally wash with totsbots potion in the front loader.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:28pm
yes one strip method should fix them all.

Also you can do the scrubbing brush & detergent on your liners
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 9:41am
Thanks for the answer, AandCsmum.

I think I will have to do the detergent scrub on liners and pockets with fleece (fuzzis etc). They still have staining this morning if I hold them against light.

Also, has anyone stripped their front loader machine??
We've got a lot of black scum build up behind the detergent draw and I'm unsure how to get rid of it as I can't reach it with my hand.
Could that contaminate nappies?
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 11:15am
I found the detergent and scrubbing very effective for getting rid of build up on all my nappies. I had quite a few different ones too.

Not sure if the scum could be affecting them, although I imagine you'd see it on the nappies and your clothes if it were travelling into the wash?
Could you use an old toothbrush or something to get in and clean it?
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 7:44pm
Im in the same boat! My ittis are leaking badly and I don't know what to use to strip or how to do it, sorry to thread jack, can anyone tell me how to do it and what to use?
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 1:07pm
Me too! Im not sure how to 'strip' MCNs and how often it should be done. Do yoiu do it when the nappies are clean and dry or can you do it after a normal wash?

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 1:28pm
Here's the link I used when looking to strip mine.
I used method one and nappies were back to normal afterwards
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

noisybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 1:29pm
Apparently don;t strip the bamboo liners as the vinegar breaks down the bamboo fibres. I imagine its the same with the hemp too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 9:51am
Thanks for the info CaraMel.
By the time I had read the methods I had already done a much shorter version of method one.
I can still see slight residue in the liners when holding against light but have decided to give it a go.
After all I washed and scrubbed for hours.

Back in cloth since yesterday and so far no leaks and not too much of a red bum.
Fx

If it's failing me again I will do the full cycle of method one.
Has anyone boiled their liners on the stovetop with dishwashing detergent as described??
Wonder if that would get the stupid cream out.....
 Post Reply Post Reply