FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappies for "bigger" boys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappies for "bigger" boys
    Posted: 06 August 2010 at 9:48pm
He really isn't that big, but we are really struggling to find decent fitting nappies for #2. We've tried Homebrand and they leak... We used the biggest size Huggies for awhile, but now we can't even do them up!

Now we're trying the select brand 16+kg brand, and they are fantastic during the day but suck at night, currently we are getting up twice to change him because he's wet.

He weighs approx. 20kg and is about 1m tall... and will be 3 next month..

We haven't even explored TTing yet, and I won't be until it gets warmer, and he gets over his fear of the toilet and having no pants on.

So my question is, can anyone recommend a good nappy that is good for night times especially?
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 12:42pm
I always found that Trasures Ultra is a really good nightime nappy, we never had any leaks with those on DS.

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 11:43pm
Have you tried the Baby Love ones? I'm using these on Thomas at the moment and they seem really good - night time included and he pee's like a racehorse overnight. He's 16kg and is in the equiv junior size.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by MissAngel MissAngel wrote:

Have you tried the Baby Love ones? I'm using these on Thomas at the moment and they seem really good - night time included and he pee's like a racehorse overnight. He's 16kg and is in the equiv junior size.

Funny you should ask that! I got some yesterday because Countdown didn't have the Treasures ones in stock. We had no leaks last night, and he loves wearing the Wiggles on his butt!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

pebblegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebblegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 10:02am
Hi, I met someone a while ago who had an overnight leaking issue and they put 2 nappies on their baby and said it worked a treat. I'd never heard of it, but it might be worth a try?
MrsMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 2:03pm
huggies nappy pants are nice and stretchy at the sides, they say only to 16kg but they seem to have a lot more space than regular nappies
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 4:04pm
Thanks girls

So far so good with the Babylove nappies, have only had one leak.. I blame DH for that one because he gave him a drink before bed!..
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

mrswatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrswatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:30am
we use toujours from nappyonline or the plain old nappy shop on our heavy night wetting 3yr old boy with a big bootie
at his heaviest he was 20kg and they fit him with room, they fit to 26kg i think
and is between 20 and 25 for a pack of 44
 Post Reply Post Reply