FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2011 babies :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 287>
Author
jakspaksing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:41pm
am feeling alot better still quite seedy though and cant eat much. i really feel like a pile of fruit salad fresh though.

today went well i got 2 loads washed and out and a third going while i had a shower while em was asleep and the other two were watching a dvd (i had the bathroom door open so i could hear them) then em woke for next feed did that and had enough time to get kc to the party then me and alex and em went and got kc xmas pressies on layby at the warehouse got heaps and with what i got last night only cost me $80 for hers not bad really got like 6 things. then for her just a few things from santa like pjs and little things.
then got lunch and play at mc ds for alex and i (he played and i went on the net lol). then it was do we dash home and get washing or do we get kc first.......lucky we got clothes cause as we got to the pools to get her it bucketed down. took an hour to get her out of there lol got home late to feed em but she wasnt careing. then we ended up msn video chat with mom while i feed her although she could hear us but we couldnt hear her (she didnt care she could type and we just talked ) she hasnt seem much of em so she was chuffed about how em was so into watching her and steering at the screen.
im thinking em may be a 8pm feed since her 3pm was at 4pm lol. just wondering though she may skip her 3pm feed at some point and make her 11am one abit later. her big brother was like that at 7 weeks or so. it freaked me out first baby and all, but he was a huge eater. she is a funny wee sole to work out. but great she can go with the flow around here.
well taken me so long to type this emma has just woken up me thinks she might want up and a feed soon lol

Sponsored Links

Tinkerbelle83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 10:52am
Hi all

Just a quick question. Has any of you tried the amber teething necklaces? I've heard they are good and was thinking of getting one.

3 precious Angel babies - Oct 09, Feb 10, June 10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 11:41am
i think megan has gotten one for luke and found it sucked. so i really dont plan to waist my money ill just get a teething necklace that i can wear and a chew toy. the necklace will be good when i have her in the wrap although after yesterday i think i better put a bib on me so i dont have wet patch on top right where the clevedge is lol lucky i was at home lol.
bazz44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 11:51am
Hi everyone. Have been reading up but never time to post.

Tinkerbelle- Taylor has a amber neckless (was given as a gift). Not sure if it works though but still put it on her. I think the only thing it helps with is her dribbling. Shes usually like a fountain but when she has it on shes more like a leaky tap Enjoy your tupperware party, sounds like fun!

Glad to hear your feeling better Jaks and sounds like you had a pretty productive day.

Megan sounds like Luke is doing great. T has got her Plunket check today and I think she will be similar to Luke in weight/height and she was born 9pound 3oz so your are doing a marvelous job! Yuck about the solids spew, havnt had one here...yet

Rachel hows the dream feeding going? Hope you are having some better nights. T has a dream feed between 10-10.30 and it seems to work well so far. Took a few nights to make a difference. T now sleeps 7-6.30/7.

Isaacsmum yay for J rolling. Clever wee boy! I so know what you mean about leaving them with DH and they sleep. Its always the way Hope you enjoyed the time out though, means you can do it more often

Heaf Holly sounds like shes doing well. Hope the wind and sleeping issues resolve quickly. Good to hear from you.

Hope A is sleeping better Keolyn, sounds like a rough night. How did the weekend go without your DH? I count by months now. Lost count after T got to 16 or so weeks.

Noob hope your back is feeling better. Good reason for your DH to give you a back rub! Hope the house inspection goes well. I did a huge clean on the weekend and feel so much better now (probs only take a few days to get back like it was though )

Everything is all good here. T is now fully unwraped for sleeps which has gone surprisingly well. She is now on two meals a day and loves her solids I think teething has fully kicked in now I got her a sophie the giraffe the other day and she loves it!

Hope you are all well

Edited by bazz44

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 1:13pm
Good to hear the wrap weaning has been going well Bazz. Does T just have blankets now? I put X down in the day now without a wrap but still do it at night as he sometimes will kick off covers.

I heard the necklaces work well for a few things including drooling. X has started drooling quite a bit and puts everything in his mouth. I'd be concerned he'd put the necklace in as well...

Just got back from doctors as X has a cough but he couldn't really do anything for it :( Just said it will last about a week. It's a dry cough and almost sounds like he's choking sometimes :(

X has been sleeping quite well though the last few nights. The other night just woke at 10 then 5.30!!

Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 4:56pm
Hey everyone :)

Yay for solids and boo to teething!

Glad X is doing so well being unwrapped Tinkerbelle :)

I started A on solids a couple of days ago, I knw shes young but she started doing all the signs they tell you to look out for and the night waking was killing me :( since starting them shes slept through (10:30-7:30) each night so I hope its working! I just started her on Farex made with BM and she had pureeed apple today which she LOVED... but she has been throwing up a little more than usual.. but shes normaly quite the little fountain so I dont know whether shes having an off day cos she's jumping around so much these days, or whether she actually wasnt ready?
After the first spoonful she was grabbing the spoon and forcing it into her mouth (getting the food all over her face in the process!) so she definately likes it! Might keep the apple going fora couple of days and then phonemy plunket nurse if she keeps being sick..

Yeah I think I'll start on months now too... Can't believe how fast they are growing! I'm moving A out of her capsule this week, into her big carseat! *sob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 5:42pm
we have to give the wheels for the capsule back on the 23 nov so have till then to sort out car seat for her although i can still use the capsule as we bought that but her feet are starting to hang over the edge and she is looking snugg up the sides lol. worse thing is i have my sons 10th birthday party to put on which will cost me about $200, going to take him and some friends to laser force. lucky i only do parties for the big ones so next year there is only one big one the other two get dinner out with the family lol. and xmas coming up. would be nice if the inlaws said hay do you need anything for baby id say yes a car seat that will cost us around $520 maybe less if i get it on specail. MIL would probably almost die of fright she is such a tight ass. so far she still isnt showing signs for solids. she isnt always drinking all her bottle either. my girls are such horrible eaters. right better sort out dinner im sure the buzzer will go off soon and i hope hubby will be home soon might have to ring him and work out how long he will be grrrr
n00b_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00b_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 8:08pm
Hi all just a quick note about the amber necklaces.
I got a bracelet/anklet for H (hated the idea of anything around her neck and I knew she would find a way to chew on it)

Anyway it has really reduced her dribbling - I think it has made her less grumpy too (but she might just be having a good few days)

Right, back to bubs.

Hugs to all,

n00b

Edited by n00b_mum
meganflett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 8:55pm
I have started putting lukes back on him to see if it helps after a few days off and luckily he has so much neck fat (charming huh!!) that he cant get to it LOL....my little chubby bubba
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 10:05am
Megan, Luke and Austin are almost the same again lol. We had Plunket on Monday and my boy was 7.2kg and 65cm

I had a teething necklace for Chelsea, but she kept pulling at it and stretching it so took it off her lol. She didn't get teeth till she was 1 anyway (and has only just cut her bottom two eye teeth so has 14 teeth now). Jaks where are you getting the necklace you wear from? I want to get one! I looked for one ages ago but couldn't find anything. Would hopefully stop Austin beating me up while he's feeding

Bazz, I haven't done a dreamfeed again since the other night when I woke him up lol. Last night was great with him only waking at 1am and 4:45am for feeds. Pity Miss Chelsea decided to have a party from 2-5:30am *yawn*

We still haven't started solids yet. Planning to do baby led weaning this time. We did puree/mash with Chelsea and she turned out fine lol but can't be bothered with all the pureeing etc haha and a few friends have done BLW and it looks fun. He's hard out wanting to eat, tries to steal food off us etc (he went for my lamington the other day hehe, good try ), just waiting for a book I ordered to arrive. Plus for BLW they're meant to be able to sit unassisted before starting and he's not quite there yet (has managed 10seconds or so though before I had to catch him!) so probably another couple of weeks before we start. Don't think he'll make it to 6months!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:29pm
look at oll your long babies! at the 5 month check E was only 62cm (but 7.2kg ) lol I measured her at 6 months and she has just made it to 65cm now and is now 8.1kg.

I have heard alot of people doing BLW 2nd time round Rach I think it's much easier just giving them to food to do themselves! I must admit i'm alot more lax with E's food,she has pureed stuff but I also give her the odd bit of finger food to do as she will with...she had a big chunk of steak the other day to chomp and suck on, she loved it! but got so mad with me when i kept taking it off her making sure bits weren't about to come away and choke her!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 2:52pm
they have them at the babycity in hastings or there is the website im actually thinking of getting it through basicely from the sorce lol http://smartmum.co.nz/ they are not cheap but i think worth it and hay looks good too lol
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 4:49pm
Friend from out of town visited this week. She's UTD I am so happy for her.

J's alseep, I expect him to be up in 5min. Better get dinner on while it's quiet.

Welly ladies - you guys up for a meet up next week? Wednesday?
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 7:17pm
Hi All

Just popping on to say a quick hello, I lurk but don't get time to post these days.

Sounds like all our babies are doing great at their Plunket visits, yay!

We are all good here, S isn't on solids yet, she's sleeping well and though she eyes up our food like you wouldn't believe lol, I don't think she needs it yet. I'm going to do more BLW this time too, I did 50/50 with DS but like you rachelsea it's so much easier to do BLW hehe. I buy those watties puree tins when they're on special so I have some stock for when the need arises.

Well, both kids are in bed asleep - WOOP so I'm heading to the couch to watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with a hot drink and some chocolate.

Have a lovely evening!

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:44am
Argh my boy has an aversion to pooing in nappies lol. The last 4 have been while having nappy off time (2 on the floor and 2 on a cloth). Charming

thanks for the link Jaks! and YAY for your friend Isaacsmum
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 1:43pm
now to get some money together for it lol.

i have to buy a new handbag as the one i did have broke in same place 3 mths after useing it so this time i said dont replace refund please. oh dear bag shopping how will i deal with that lol lol
and i have to go shopping for alex's birthday pressie from mom. its a hard life i live lol

have hubby home for 4 days after 5 1/2 weeks working hard so that will be nice now for him to drop the grump lol

better go he is back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 7:24pm
Oh no Rachel!! Hoe it wasn't too horrible to clean up.

Hope you had a good night with both kids asleep Emma. DH went out last night so I watched 'No Strings Attached' with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. Was better than I thought actually and was quite funny.

X had a Pediatrician check up today and he was discharged cause he thought he didn't need to see him anymore due to doing so well :) He just watched him and was really happy with his arm and his use of it. He was also weighed and measured and is 7.13kg and 65cm! I had to put him on scales myself until nurse got back and just realised how chubby he looked! Haha. It's funny how you see them everyday but you don't really look at them like that, iykwim.

Done some baking for the Tupperware party tomorrow and DH has just gone to supermarket to get some things and chocolate :) Yum!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:44pm
car seat is on its way should get it tomorrow i hope.
went out today and got a new handbag and picked up moms shopping for alex's birthday and xmas. that boy is going to flip. its lego over load and i cant wait till xmas cause its the millennium falcon from star wars and its the big puppy not the middi one which he has had before. will be interesting to see how long it takes him i think will have to time him. and his birthday pressie is mac the truck from cars. at least for that one i only have to wait a few weeks till his birthday.

im going to say this out there so you all can slap me if i slip up. mom has said to me if i can get back on track and loose some weight by march when i go over to sydney for a week with Em then we will do a shop till we drop for clothes etc. so my ass needs to get moving and i have to make myself go walking each day and try add in extra stuff even if its laying on teh floor with Em on my tummy against my legs and i do sit ups to see her. and get that wii stuff out and use it. so have put that out there i start tomorrow with how much i eat etc and plan when and what will be done then monday when si back at work its all on. ok said it now so have to do it lol.

ok im off to bed im tired from shopping and i made sure i parked a little way from the store lol.
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 3:05pm
lol Holly had plunket yesterday and she weighs 5.5kg and is 61.5cm long, what a lightweight compared to some of the bubbas! but the nurse was happy with her and said shes doing well.

mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 3:39pm
Rachel - hope it wasn't too bad

Tinkerbelle - hope your party went well

Jaks - good luck with the diet, i need some diet vibes sent this way too.

Heaf - good going

Not much going on here. I think I'm getting less sleep the older J gets . Isaac's grow clock seemed to help for the first week, but now it's causing even more drama than it solved. J's waking up earlier for his feed, then not making it till morning (7am). However things in general are fine IYKWIM.

Got a friend from Auckland visiting this week - yay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 287>