FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScrapbooking!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrapbooking!
    Posted: 06 September 2010 at 2:03pm
I so need some motivation for this. i did a brief stint of it but havent really got into it. i have paper galore though and lots of stuff for it - i just dont get motivated.

Show me yours and help shift me back into gear!

Sponsored Links

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 2:59pm
i do digital scrapbooking lol. have a huge stash of paper and bits n pieces. but i love the idea of an "undo" button lol.

but this one i did on the comp was only using "papers" so might be of inspiration?

also 9.30 every monday morning is DIY scrapbooking on ch7 i think (SKY) and their website is http://www.diynetwork.com/topics/scrapbooking/index.html (will put in the links thread too)
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 3:34pm
Ooh neat, I've always wanted to get into scrapbooking, have all the paper n bits too, might check out the tv show.

How do you do digital scrapbooking, like do you need to buy a certain programme for it or can you just download it...? Macs too? lmao!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 3:43pm
you can use photoshop if you have it? i have photoshop and corel paint shop pro
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 4:37pm
I do scrapbooking but I can't be bothered to upload my pics here coz I have to have a photobucket account and I don't want to!

My absolute favourite stuff is kaiser craft and they they have lots of pics of layouts that people have done...
Kaiser

Oct 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by TaliP TaliP wrote:

My absolute favourite stuff is kaiser craft and they they have lots of pics of layouts that people have done...
Kaiser

*love*
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 4:42pm
I love scrapbooking, I was into it big time for awhile & got a Cuttlebug & heaps of stuff. I did not do it much so got rid of heaps but now want to get back into it.

I was looking at doing digital scrapbooking, MyLilSquishy you make it look easy lol.

I am going to make xmas cards this yr, so will do a family photo & do the card in xmas colours & theme...
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 4:44pm
TaliP that looks great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 6:26pm
jazzy if you ever want some tips or anything let me know
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 9:45pm

I do scrapbooking!  I have got a hutch that is full of papers, embellishments etc the problem is I haven't done it in months and everytime I think about getting started on something I get so sidetracked.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 8:39am
I never got around to paper scrabooking as I found it too expensive so I started digital scrapping with Photoshop and I'm so freakin addicted! It's cool to because you can do so much more with digi scrapping than you could ever dream with paper.

Here's a couple of my recent ones

Edited by lisa85

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 8:12pm
I love scrapbooking too! but don't have the time or space to spread out and scrapbook.
Digital looks the way to go. But i have a question can you print it? and how do you need to do it at a shop ? Is it easy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 7:31am
*sigh* i always love all of your layouts Lisa!

yup you can print them designers make scrapbook "kits" which include papers and elements, then you make your page and print dont need to do it at a shop. just on your computer at home is fine if you have a program like photoshop or paintshop pro. i think there is also a free online one called GIMP.

once you figure out your progam it gets easier, but i still learn new things everytime i do a new layout. there are HEAPS of tutorials out there to help you get started, and as you learn you can find more advanced ones too. also tutorials to help you around your program and the learning centres that come with them are great to get you started. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro x2 and i think Lisa uses Photoshop? (dont quote me on that lol) they all effectively do the same thing, its just personal prefference. but you can get 30 day trials of the programs and there are heaps of freebie kits and mini kits out there that i can direct you too if you like?
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 4:34pm
Awww Kahlia! Your such a hunni! Thanks babe I love your stuff too xxx

Yep I use pS7 :) Kickin it old school lol. Th other thing I love about digi scrapping is there are international forums online where people can create galleries to show off their work. If you get good you can join creative teams and get scrap kits for free :) I'm on about 5 creative teams at the mo. It's all very addictive lol. Some forums run competitions as well so there's so much more you can do with your pages. Oh and you can have your pages printed and made into a book as well which is cool.

I'm currently working on making my own story book for the kids and making awesome fantasy pages with them in so it's really personalised. Also I have this cool idea to make 3 fantasy scenes with cut outs of the kids then have them printed onto canvas to hang in their bedroom. I just have to find the time to do it! Basically like the examples above.

Edited by lisa85

MC April 2010
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 5:40pm

Has anyone done any scrapbooking on the little wooden thingys that Kaiser produce (sold at Spotlight)?  I'm keen to give it a go but having not really done any scrapbooking I'm starting from scratch.

My first question (I'm sure I'm going to have millions!) is about the glue I should be using.  What's the best thing to use?

Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 7:04pm
Can you upload your dig scrapbooking page to an online photo developer like snapfish or something similar? I don't have a decent printer at home. Or can you take them to a shop to print easily?

Happymumma - I was a total novice at scrapbooking but took a 4 class course at Craft House in Welly and loved it! They do page layouts and other types of scrapbooking (e.g. on little blocks). There are once off courses too. But time and money have become issues at the moment so it is on the back burner for now....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by lisa85 lisa85 wrote:

I'm on about 5 creative teams at the mo. It's all very addictive lol.

lol yeah im on about 10-15. and have a few requests of designers askign me to join theirs lol. i need to pack some in though coz its download heavy when you are doing a kit per week/fortnight for 12 different people lol.

and great idea about printing for their room!!! oooooh love that idea. hope you dont mind if i "borrow" it? lol. also thinking about making story books for Rs grandparents for xmas.

Rainbow - snapfish doesnt have 12x12 print sixe (standard scrapbook pae size)... buuuut you aren't limited to just 12"x12"!

you can make whatever size you can imagine.

this is an 8x10 (fathers day pressie lol)

and a 5x7

(and i have a 40x40 i could show you, but its too big for the page and warps it lol. and my internet is sooo slow lol. hit our cap )

Warehouse does 12x12 photo books and they also have 12x12 "extra sheet" which might be just the one printed page...? (its $2) or a 12x12 Vellum sheet ($1)

they also have 12-month 12x12 calenders (great for xmas pressies) for $25

Happymumma - do you mean the wooden photo accordian? (expanding book thing) if so, sorry i havent used them before, but i imagine you would go for an acetone-free glue with an acetone free clear sealant oer the top when you are done (to stop the photos loosing their colour)

If someone can provide better insight to that one please let me know lol.

Edited by MyLilSquishy
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 7:47pm

Yep - although Spotlight have a whole pile of different albums / concertina type things etc etc.  I just bought a couple of tiny ones to make up as Christmas presents so want to make sure I do a good job!  Presumably they will have the glue and sealant (I wondered whether anything went over the top so ta!) too.  Will have to have a look next time.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 8:48am

they also have 12-month 12x12 calenders (great for xmas pressies) for $25

What an awesome idea! I'm toally going to make my own calender for next year :)

Edited by lisa85

MC April 2010
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 10:09am
Happymumma, I have done some 'off the page' things (that is what the scrapbooking world calls those albums) and I just used double sided tape, but I use that ALL the time coz I hate glue with a vengence! (coz I hate getting it all over my hands lol). I have never stuck anything over the top of my pics to seal the colour in lol, so unless you want it to last for ages I wouldn't worry too much about that.

If you want some ideas then go to Kaiser they have heaps of things that other people have made.

Some of my favourite things that I have found along my scrapbooking way haha are:
-kindy glitz (makes things sparkly but looks nicer than using glitter). You can jazz up any paper with this stuff, so buy the plainer stuff and then add sparkle.
-foam tape. Gives pages dimension so that it doesn't look at flat and you can build things up on the page
-fussy cutting. Cutting out things from patterned paper, ie flowers and then building them up (foam tape) to make 3d flowers etc. I'm addicted to it.
-dimensional magic. Gives a glossy finish to things with a raised look. Can use on flowers to make them firmer as well.
-chipboard. New discovery for me, can ink/paint/cover in paper etc in whatever colour you like and gives the page dimension. Can also use as templates to draw around.

Hmm lots of other things but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Edited by TaliP

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>