FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCook Yourself Thin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cook Yourself Thin
    Posted: 13 September 2010 at 12:27pm
Has anyone seen this? I caught the tail end of it on Saturday - it screens at 4pm on channel one. Looks like an awesome programme!
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:44pm

The one on Saturday is the American version there was a UK one last year. Some of the tips are good.
One product that keeps coming up is cultured butter milk as a substitute for - mayonaise in salads and as a coating with cornflakes for fish or chicken.
I was at the home show on Saturday and the cook was using it in scones in place of milk going to find some and experiment with it.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:51pm
I watch it religiously. Love it. I have one of the cook books and the recipes I have tried so far are delicious.
Just be warned, buttermilk is supposed to be lumpy. Ive been using it for years now bit the first time I ever used it I went running out of the kitchen gagging coz I thought it was off
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:53pm
I am so glad I found it - I never knew it existed. Stoked I am getting TiVo now because that is the first programme I will put on series link lol. Might have to try out the cookbook too - does it have pictures?
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:10pm
Oh I must mysky it. I love weight loss programs & often record the ones on the living channel
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:15pm

Yeah I love that show too.  They have some pretty good healthy alternatives to your favourite high fat meals!  I think I'll have to look for the book too.

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 4:20pm

I need to mysky that one I think.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by xXELAx xXELAx wrote:

Might have to try out the cookbook too - does it have pictures?

haha yep. I hate cookbooks that don't have pictures
 Post Reply Post Reply