FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvap lines.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evap lines.
    Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:46pm
Hey ladies.
I took an HPT this morning and while waiting for the result window to do it's magic my son had an accident (climbing a bookcase) so I didn't read the result in the required time (5 minutes). When I did finally get to look at it, it was positive. Not a BOLD positive, but not a discoloured or very faint one. (I googled evap lines a bit, images and regular)
SO I thought. Blimey. And went to get another test. But this time I got just a regular cheap first response one (the first test was a dif brand quick response that you can test 10 days after Ov.) and it was Neg. So I'm thinking the first was just an evap line?? Should I test again tomorrow with first pee of the day with the same test brand? Has anyone else had evap lines and what did they look like?
Sponsored Links

mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:49pm
Oh and the test window where the results show up for the first test is covered with plastic not an open one, Don't know if that means squat lol.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:20pm
What cycle day are you & are you late?

The best test for early testing is meant to be discovery. I would be inclined to use that if AF is not late or wait till it is & use a cheaper one. Do it first thing so to use FMU.

I have never seen an evap line but if your test showed 2 coloured lines even a faint one I would be thinking pg...
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:24pm
lots of people on here have found the first response dip sticks very sensitive (and more sensitive than the discover)... was the first test the first response midstream or a quickstick/card? I have never heard of quick response?? was the first one FMU?
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:30pm
The first one was second pee of the day ^_^ and was the Quick Response. I got it from the pharmacy. The second test was a First Response (7 dollars from countdown) and was a dip in a cup one. I don't know when AF is due because I m/c first week in August. I know my hormone levels Def. went back to normal.
From what I can tell from good old google Evap lines are commonly a different colour and VERY faint. Faint enough that it BARELY shows up in a photo. my line is pink, and would show up in a photo I think.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:32pm

Quick response are notorious for evap lines, I'd be more inclined to go with the first response they don't give evap lines.
I got my bfp with first response 2 days after AF was due, it did take the whole 2 mins for the result to show though. I would have been barely 10 days pregnant at that stage.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:34pm
Do you have another one to do in the am tomorrow?

Sound like it might be pos
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:36pm
I'm going to test in the AM lol.
I think that would be the best way to go. I may even shell out and spend more than 7 dollars on a decent test :o
The quick response one cost 18 dollars :|
Stupid evap lines.
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:39pm
I have never heard of quick response and can't find it on the net... is it the one with the purple cover over the pee part? I understand they are less suspectible to evaps with the plastic cover... but first response are pretty reliable. How long after the time did you read the first test?
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:40pm
First response are great tests - you don't need to get one of the more expensive ones!!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:41pm
I counted my m/c as my first day of AF even tho it went on a lot long than AF usually did. So if you are UTD you could be a bit early for a dark line, FX
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by freckle freckle wrote:

I have never heard of quick response and can't find it on the net... is it the one with the purple cover over the pee part? I understand they are less suspectible to evaps with the plastic cover... but first response are pretty reliable. How long after the time did you read the first test?

Quick response also do the OPK test pack so I'm sure I have seen them at the chemist. i think so anyway, lol
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:45pm
The only reason I even knew I had had a m/c was because I tested early and got what I thought was a evap line and went to have bloods done which came back UTD. I miscarried less than a week later which was the day after AF was due. It was no longer than a normal AF.
The quick response has a purple cap on it and the result window has a plastic cover which not all HPTs have. When I was UTD with my son I used a test with a purple cap but it wasn't a quick response.
I read the test at about 10 minutes rather than 5 because I was putting plasters on a one year old ^_^
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:48pm
If I had any idea on how to show you guys a photo. I would lol.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:53pm
I think that is the problem with early testing. But with saying that it does sound like you are late & I would do another test, you could ask your Dr for a follow up blood test.
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:58pm

Edited by mum2ollie
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:59pm
Crap. I broke the page!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 2:02pm
Hi mum2ollie, First Response tests are usually pretty sensitive. I used one at 10dpo and got a postitive (at 8 o'clock at night!). In saying that I haven't heard of that other brand so not sure which is more sensitive. Look forward to hearing your result tomorrow, hope it is positive!!!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 2:02pm
Thats doesn't look like an evap line

TTC#1 Jan 2009
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 2:03pm
I just don't know when I would have ov'd. We have had so much BD lately that I just don't know what to think anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>