FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked4-year-old boy ’beaten for stopping star

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4-year-old boy ’beaten for stopping star
    Posted: 17 September 2010 at 12:58pm
jumps.

link

9 months supervision seems like a really lenient sentence for assaulting a child    Hardly a deterrent.

Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 1:16pm
I agree. I am sure you get more for harming an animal
Lindsey

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 3:19pm
imagine if he had been able to use reasonable force as a defence - he might have got off scott free!

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 12:46pm
I know this poor boy. His dad is furious at the sentence. The article that I read had a note at the bottom about a drunk driver getting a much heavier sentence.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by LittleBug LittleBug wrote:

I know this poor boy. His dad is furious at the sentence. The article that I read had a note at the bottom about a drunk driver getting a much heavier sentence.

I would be so upset if I was the father. The sentence is a joke. And Linzy is right, you would get more for kicking a dog. I'm not against animal protection, but seriously, wtf.
kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 3:17pm
Hey I am from the pro-smacking side of the debate but this is ridiculous. Anyone who leaves a mark or bruise is committing assault. Also what sort of sick individual would make a boy do star jumps and punish him violently if he stops. That is an extreme abuse of power.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 7:23am
What if it had not of come to light would it of ended in another child murder down the track.

I think the mother needs charges laid against her for not protecting her child....why do these women put these loser men before their children....

I look at my 4yr old boy & could not imagine something like that happening to him...so sad that another little child is abused & let down but adults in his family...& it is time the justice system makes an example out of scum that abuse children..
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 3:26pm
Both of the boys are in the care of the father since this incident, he has full custody now thank goodness.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
mum24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 12:48pm
NZ has such an embrassing record when it comes to the treatment of our most precious babies. The most dangerous person in a child's life is often it's mother's boyfriend. The punishment should fit the crime, what does 4 months say about how much we value this little boy. We are creating huge long term cost to the country every time we allow our children to be maltreated.
MrsMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 5:36pm
the poor boy!

good work on the daycare picking it up. sometimes I worry that I'd miss something like that (probably wouldnt) and I would feel terrible.

Lets hope the boy is safe with his father and his mums partner isnt allowed to be in contact with him ever again
 Post Reply Post Reply