FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChristmas crafts for kids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas crafts for kids
    Posted: 22 September 2010 at 12:35pm

What Christmas crafts do you do with your children or did you do when you were a child?

I used to love making Christmas crackers.

Sponsored Links

clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 12:39pm
salt dough decorations were always fun. We also made decorations for the tree with polystyrine (sp?) balls and scrap christmas fabric
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 12:54pm
mum n i used to bake together. or when i got a bit older we made xmas cards with mums stamping/card making stash. or i made recycled paper in xmas colours with glitter n stuff n used that to make cards.
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 8:56am
We make Gingerbread men and a gingerbread house the kids love it!

My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
Clarise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 9:04am
Homemade tree deccies: wrapping egg carton segments in foil to make "bells", raisin box presents wrapped in nice paper, pipe cleaner candy canes, paper snowflakes

Angels made from old Readers Digests and ping pong balls

Felt mice with candy cane tails

Santa puppets with moveable limbs (paper & split pins) that we coloured and stuck cotton wool to

Oh you've just made me all nostalgic and excited about sharing these with my wee man!
alphabetart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphabetart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 3:26pm
Hey beyond baking, my mum and I didn't make much for Christmas, but for the last three years Christmas time has been my favourite bunch of crafts to look for. I run a crafts class for under 5's and there are so many great crafts to choose from, the problem is so many of them are for older kids. So the one's I've collected have been going up on my websitealphabetart.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply