FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAllergy Testing (naturopaths)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy Testing (naturopaths)
    Posted: 25 September 2010 at 9:30pm
Has anyone gotten this done, specifically the hair test and kinesiology, which are the ones that have been recommended to me for DS2, how accurate do they seem to be? Are there others that have been good for you?
Sponsored Links

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2010 at 10:41pm
We had our DD's hair analysed due to severe eczema and I wanted to find her triggers. The hair test pretty much said she was allergic to just about every food imaginable. The list was so huge I freaked out.

Because of these results we decided to seek further medical help and had her blood tested. She in fact is highly allergic to cats as it turns out and cats are most definately a major trigger for her along with environmental conditions.

Although it was interesting to get the hair strand rest done, I'm not so sure I would truust it TBH. Jst my opinion though!
Mum_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 4:34pm
Our Naturopath uses a method similar to kinesiology to test for food compatibility. We have found it pretty accurate - A very good starting point when you have no idea which foods are the problem.

I have heard very mixed things about hair testing, but we have not tried it.

Unfortunately no method of testing (even the blood and SPT done by doctors) are not 100%

It is quite common to end up with a large list of foods that you test intolerant to. Usually you start with only 1 or a few problem foods and if you keep eating them your body starts reacting to many other foods (this can also happen if your body is overloaded with bad bacteria, sugar, yeast etc).

Most naturopaths in this case would put you on a very restricted diet for a limited period then reintroduce foods as tolerated.
meandmyboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meandmyboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 8:53pm
I have just had my sons hair tested last week through www.allergenics.co.nz. I had visited a naturopath who said that dairy was the problem but the hair test has said dairy as well as washing powder, mixed candida, bakers yeast, sulphites, potato, peach, wool and tea tree!

So am now in the process of changing our diets and it seems to be improving the condition of his skin.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 11:09pm
Look up Rotorua Nathuropathic clinic in Erua street. I swear by the guy, pity I didn't live closer.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply