FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedallergy to liners?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: allergy to liners?
    Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:10pm
l've just started using flushable liners and have found that DS seems to end up with a very red bum by the end of the day. The liners kinda stick to his bum and go all sort of separated into fibers if that makes sense.
On the days we use only disposables he gets no rash at all.
Would you stop using the liners or just a co-incidence?
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:48pm
i would stop using them. you can get washable ones instead or make them cheaply enough.

Edited by Bizzy

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:48pm
What kind are you using, Sarah? Some are a lot rougher than others. They stick to Campbell's bum too, which is annoying - I'm only using flushable liners in night nappies or when I need to use a little bum cream. Otherwise I use microfleece liners, and wash them with the nappies.
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 11:46pm
Hmmm, does depend on the liner. I use the ones from babycity which are a bit clingy but don't completely disintegrate. i also only use them if she has been a bit squirmy and grizzly (she can go days without pooping). When she did have a bit of a rash I just stopped using them for a while (bit harder on washing up) but worth it to see her behind go a natural colour rather than bright pink/red!
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 7:09am
l bought them off trademe a while ago, had been using the homebrand ones with no problem. l've thrown away the bag but l'm pretty sure they are the Mybaby ones.
Might just go back to the homebrand ones, bummer as l bought two big rolls!!
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 8:16am
I dont bother with liners... Jake has enough problems with nappy rash without adding them into the mix! Still to find one that doesnt go up his bum and give him a rash....

Post Reply Post Reply