FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOB Biggest loser Round 2!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:40am
No not so much - more counting cals when I have time... I should be though!

Sponsored Links

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:43am
ppl that do WW - how much is a small trim flatwhite. i just guessed off a 250ml of trim milk but the actual points value would be really good. im using WW meals and my flatties points calculator that she left behind but not actually on WW so i cant just look it up.

oh my gosh screw the bikini body. right now my goal is to lose enough to feel comfy. im walking round uni and its roasting after walking up the hill and im wearing a frikin polar fleece cos i dont want to take it off! its good having an intermediate goal though. wont get as discouraged as i would losing 5k and still looking terrible in a bikini. LOL.

even so, i went to the pizza stand and bought a bottle of water! i still am yet to go over my points :D in fact, today i am being really good cos friends are coming over 2nite and brining malaysian so im keeping my points really low so that i can just have a teeny bit of dinner and still be ok. i even genuinly think i wont eat much cos i am crazy motivated. im already down 300g from wed and drunk 2 massive glasses of coke zero last night which normally makes me retain fluid.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:50am
Monikah I haven't got my books with me but Ithink it is 1.5 or 2 points.

blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:19pm
I had a smoothie for breakfast this morning and I'm just about to have left over stir fry for lunch.

Went to play on the Wii this morning but the batteries were dead so did pilates instead.

Monikah I could never go to a pizza stand and leave without pizza. I love pizza with all my heart If I want healthy pizza I make it on Turkish naan bread. Way back before we got married I actually lost weight having one of these each night with a salad to top up.

Edited by blissful
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by blissful blissful wrote:

I had a smoothie for breakfast this morning

what do you put in it?
DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:35pm
Monikah - Flat white with skim milk - 1 pt or with reduced fat (lite blue i think) - 1.5

Mum just bought round lunch for me - chicken salad sandwich and a jelly fruit cup made with WW jelly - YUM! I will have to make some of those for my sugar cravings
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:38pm
I thought of another yummy treat and keep forgetting to post it. Try frozen green seedless grapes - these are soooo yummy!!! They taste like little balls of sorbet.

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by DzinerGirl DzinerGirl wrote:

Monikah - Flat white with skim milk - 1 pt or with reduced fat (lite blue i think) - 1.5

stoked. i have been putting aside 2-3 just in case. lol

blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

Originally posted by blissful blissful wrote:

I had a smoothie for breakfast this morning

what do you put in it?

This is the one I have if I'm having one for breakfast and it's my fave

Fresh apple & orange juice
Frozen banana
Heaped spoonful each of fruit muesli, peanut butter & honey
Ice
Soy milk or trim milk, bout the same amount as the juice

Heidi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 4:11pm
Hi all

I'm starting this OB Biggest Loser with you all

I would ideally like to lose 6.8kg for the 8 weeks.

Um, I never make smoothies. Just dont get around to it I suppose. Might have to make some.

Monikah, you have great will power.

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 10:31pm
well i had a dinner just after 6 so i wasnt irationally hungry and make stupid choices ones yummy food got here and ended up with 4 points left but i only had about 2 tablespoons of rice and a small amount of chicken, cashews and veggies. so the oil aside i think i may have come out alright at the end of the day. beautiful weather for the next few days so gonna drag DH out to come walking with me and the kids. im kinda glad they arent allowed TV cos it means im much more likely to get off my arse to amuse them. lol

gonna do my groceries in the morning too so i have a whole week of food and dont have to pop in and out of the supermarket all week

Luna_Azzura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luna_Azzura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:12pm
Hi everyone, just a quick tip from me being a diabetic (gestational) and DH is a diabetic. Not trying to lecture anyone just hoping my experience can possibly help others (so feel free to skip over my comment). Smoothies can be the devil in disguise...looking at the post above (Sorry blissful not picking on you) but fruit juice (packed full of fructose) and a banana (HUGE carbs) sounds very healthy but is actually a calorie overload and when (like i had to do) you look at the total kilojoules (and the high glyceamic index) it's not a particularly good weight loss breakfast and can give you a huge spike in sugar levels and make you feel pretty empty half an hour later. A bobby banana (the likkle cute ones) is 30g of carbs and a good size, perfect for a snack between meals.

Sorry if that sounded a bit negative, i just want to see everyone succeed in their weight loss goals
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:39am
Luna_Azzura I had GD with both my last 2 & when I had my follow up test after DS3 I was just under the level but they were lowering the level so I think I should go get tested again. I saw a dietician at the hospital but have forgotten most since then & totally forgot about the fruit juice etc.

I was finding I was hungry after my shakes but they did not have fruit in them & where the ones bought from the supermarket.
blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 10:00am
The smoothies work for me. It's when I don't have them I seem to fall off the wagon. I'm not a huge breakfast eater. The banana is usually my main carb of the day so I find that better than toast. For me I find this sets me up well for the day. I don't eat a lot of fruit and won't eat cereals and muesli. For me it's a case of finding something I will eat rather than just skipping breakfast and I've always found the smoothies fill me up really well. I don't drink it too quickly though so maybe that's why.
If I do feel like actually eating something I usually have crumpets with banana and honey.
What suits one person won't suit the next though.

Edited by blissful
Luna_Azzura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luna_Azzura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 5:07pm
Sounds like you have a good head on those shoulders Blissful i just used to get into trouble with the fruit smoothies as i thought i was being really good but it was a bit of a carb overload for me (but i was having carbs in the evening too) and the sugar (fructose) would send my glucose readings sky high. I just wondered why i wasn't loosing weight and then the nutritionist picked this up...whoops! Was just pointing it out for anyone who didn't' know (like me)

Are they lowering the levels Jazzy, oh dear. I am slightly dreading GD again if we have #2, but i got through it once so i can do it again hey how did you go 2nd and 3rd time around? did you have to really watch your diet or much the same?

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 7:36pm
whats the deal with exercise on WW? i did a 5.3km walk today. it isnt long and was more of a stroll but i was wondering if it was worth anything?

ive still managed to stay on my points again all weekend :) pretty stoked. for the first time ever i actually feel like i might get to goal eventually. lol

blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Luna_Azzura Luna_Azzura wrote:

Sounds like you have a good head on those shoulders Blissful

Aaahahahaa. I literally lol at this. I would love to agree with you but I'd probably end up being committed for it.

Monikah how long did you walk for? I have one of those points slider cards I can dig out and check for you.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:29pm
i dont know :S we walked to the park which is at least 2.5km from home and then back. it was a moderate pace but not pace not not exactly hard and i didnt check how long it took. its all good though. 5km a day is probably pretty normal anyway so im not gonna subtract it from my points. the amount of food im getting on 20 points is more than enough. anyway, time for bed for me. the longer i stay up when i having nothing to do the more i start thinking bout food and ive been so perfect id kick myself

Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:37pm
Monikah you are doing so well. I think your walk would give you around 2.5 bonus points.

I am back this week, the first week has been a bit of a bomb as i was away for work and staying in a hotel so although i tried to make good choices you never know what they put into the food. I am also finally over being sick (had a cold, ear infection and sinusitis for the last 6 weeks!!!) so back into exercise this week.

On that note, have you all seen the first challenge

Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:41pm
Note to self. never turn 21 the first week of biggest looser.
I did so well at the party last night though. I only had 3 standard glasses of lemonade, and 2 vodka lemonade and limes and i avoided the savouries and only had 1 sandwich, and didnt have much cheese, crackers or cheese balls.
but oh god the jellybeans, they are so addictive and so bad.
and my other meals werent too healthy so im gonna have to do extra this week to burn it all off.

But yay im 21 now - well as of 10.21pm tonight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>