FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpregnancy test obsession?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yvonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yvonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pregnancy test obsession?
    Posted: 04 October 2010 at 8:18pm
Does anyone else get the urge to keep doing pregnancy tests "just to confirm" that you're still pregnant? I'm 7 weeks now and symptoms are intermittant and sometimes it's hard to believe I'm pregnant. I've taken 4 tests in the last 2 weeks (all pos of course).
Sponsored Links

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 8:21pm
I think the price of them would put me off!
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 8:40pm
Ha, with Ty I did 8.
Then I went to the dr and she told me "in my 20 years as a gp I have only ever come across one false positive, if you got 8 positives...you're pregnant...but ok, you can do another one, you know where the bathroom is ! "

kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 8:56pm
Only 4 in two weeks?! Hehe. I did 5 in a few days with my first pg and another when I went to the doc (altho he said something along the same lines as Kelly's doctor lol).

Nothing like seeing those two lines come up eh Congrats!!
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
kayess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 8:59pm
I did the same when I had my daugther - felt so surreal and I kept wanting to confirm.

I think in the end I only did maybe three or four tests over the course of about four weeks - but if I have to be completely honest I would have tested every day if I could have...

If it makes you feel better then I say test away!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:25pm
i confess i did about 20 with each pregnancy:) lol... be careful though with Liam i did one at 8-9 weeks and it was lighter..totally normal but omg I nearly freaked!
Mum to two amazing boys!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 7:56am
Hehe thought you were gonna say you'd taken 50 or something

I did 4 tests with my daughter, and, err, 12 with this one I had lots of cheap tests from the internet though. After the 12th one (at 5weeks) I had to quickly give away all my leftover tests to stop me doing any more
But yes I still get the urge to poas lol but am not gonna fork out for pharmacy ones so should be safe from anymore testing!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 8:03am
Good lord I did about 30 with this one (internet cheapies) but I did catch the pregnancy very early and threy were barely there lines...

Its normal LOL

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 8:36am
I'm 24 weeks and i STILL want to do tests, if they werent so expensive i'd be all over it.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 9:03am
The first one I did was so obviously positive that is all I needed!

Edited by Red
zed11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zed11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:20am
I have done eleven in the past two days.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:28pm
I did 15 this time around (only counting the ones that were +ve), internet cheapies, Quickstream and First Response. I finally stopped when i got 2 dark lines
Brandon - 05/12/2003

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:41pm
i too would do more tests if I could afford it.
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 2:14pm
for the 2 weeks after I got my BFP I did 2 ICs a day, plus I also did 3 FR dip sticks, 1 FR midstream and 3 quicksticks... after these 30 or so tests I was satisfied I was in fact pregnant
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:06pm
haha 4 tests in 2 weeks is actually good! I did soooo many tests with my first! Wasted so much money but I am a POAS addict!!!!
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 12:07am
lol lol This is bringing back so many memories of the gazillion HPT's I did with Jackson

I think you're doing just fine
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 2:39pm

It definately does become somewhat of an addiction doesn't it?!!

I did about 8 in the first few weeks of my pregnancy until DH caught me one day and laughed, was a bit of a wake up call as to how ridiculous I was being haha  I could have easily have pee'd on one a day throughout my pregnancy if I had the tests or could afford it

SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 3:16pm
i did a gazillion (about 40 id say) one every day for at least four weeks, sometimes more than once!!! lol...but they were internet cheapies and i was a total POAS addict!
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 3:58pm
I have a mad urge to go buy a pee stick. I just wanna see the lines come up again!
 Post Reply Post Reply