FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMatching outfits?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matching outfits?
    Posted: 11 October 2010 at 10:40am
Ok so I have to ask who here is guilty of matching outfits? I'll be the first to put my hand up lol I'm terrible for it! I actually don't like doing it but because they are identical in looks I find they suit the same types of clothes and colours so when shopping I actually find it easier to just buy two of one outfit. Plus I feel guilty if I buy two different outfits and one girls looks cuter than the other.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 11:13am
I love dressing them in matching outfits and mine aren't identical although when I do dress them the same they look identical. I never thought I'd do it but can't help myself....it looks so cute! Plus I like confusing everyone

Alex 6 and Harry 8
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 12:16pm
I either dress the same or coordinate them for 4 reasons:

- My mum did it to me and my twin
- No fights over who gets to wear what
- If they are given the choice they tend to want to dress the the same anyway.
- If they aren't coordinated I get asked if they're both mine

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 3:53pm
I never thought I would do it either but if I dress them differently I feel like I've favoured one by giving them the better outfit - silly I know. And they do look cute dressed the same

At best i try for the same outfit in different colours.
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 9:41pm
nope, only have done this a handful of times, normally our boys are in completely different clothing, or maybe they will have same shorts, but totally different shirts.

They are at the age now where they want to choose their own clothing too which is good

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 7:58pm
It's not just twin mums who feel this urge! - I'm trying to resist the temptation to dress my girls the same - it's getting harder now that I can shop for them in the same section of the shop.... but it would just be so darn CUTE.

ETA - sorry I don't usually lurk in here at all - just clicked the wrong thread by mistake

Edited by DJ
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 9:09pm
I do sometimes....but usually I dress them in same thing but different colours. Yesterday was an exception

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:09am
Awwww Kate they are so gorgeous! I love the little bunny bums hehe.

MC April 2010
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 9:07am
Originally posted by lisa85 lisa85 wrote:

Me too! Makes me wanna reach over and pinch their bums! haha!
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:08am
They are so cute!! And I'll admit I lurk in here all the time cause I'd LOVE twins
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:20am
Yeah I think they're pretty cute too
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:46pm
Heres a photo of the twins....normal pose, one pulling the others hair. Very common!

Alex 6 and Harry 8
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:04am
Originally posted by clover clover wrote:

They are so cute!! And I'll admit I lurk in here all the time cause I'd LOVE twins

me too
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:02pm
Naaaaaw cute Linda!!!!!!!!
Chipchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 6:04am

Aww they are so cute Kate and Linda.  Love the bunny pants. 

I'm guilty of dressing them in the same outfit or co-ordinating ones.  Don't know why I do it, but it does stop people from asking if they are twins or are they both mine as Tishy said.  And its cute to see them in the same outfit.   

Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 10:30pm
Aww cute twin photos!

I love dressing my girls the same, but we've just decided that it is okay for them to be non matching too because we have so many non matching hand me downs. I always try to put something on that is kind of matching in style or colour though. I also like dressing them in the same style but different coloured clothes.
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:46am
You know what I am finally over dressing them the same. I just scored a heap of gorgeous summer dresses, tshirts & Skirts from Country road & PP and they are all different but oh so cute so over the last week I've been having a ball dressing them differently

MC April 2010
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:00pm
My problem is that I have the hand me downs from the older boys which would be enough clothes for them but no, I have to go out and buy things that match (But only if they are on sale!)

I've also been selling some clothes on TM and have found that it is better to split them up rather than do one bulk lot as people who do not have twins don't need as much clothes and don't need double ups

Alex 6 and Harry 8
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 6:38pm
Oh I would LOVE to dress the girls alike sometimes - either exactly the same or same style diff colour etc!

We are so fortunate to have been lent A LOT of clothes so they are never the same. We have a few things where there are two the same but not a third as they are from twins... or they are from triplets where there was at least 1 boy too so the outfits are different. Don't get me wrong - I am SO appreciative, just wish we could buy some matching outfits too!

I did get DP to agree that we could buy one set of clothes for the girls in each size so we could take nice photos of them matching while growing up - but at $15 min per outfit, buying 3 outfits cost WAY too much so we haven't had a chance to do that yet! And if you look at clearance stuff there is never 3 left. Oh well! :)
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by tishy tishy wrote:

Originally posted by lisa85 lisa85 wrote:

Me too! Makes me wanna reach over and pinch their bums! haha!

*lurker* me too!

I know if I had twins or more, I would be guilty of this! For the same reason someone else mentioned - I would feel guilty if one looked cuter!
Although tbh I sometimes colour coordinate DDs outfit with mine ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>