FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWellington gardeners..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wellington gardeners..
    Posted: 21 October 2010 at 3:53pm

...any of you interested in swapping plants/seedlings/grown veges etc as part of what I'd call a swap-a-thon community lol?  It just occured to me that I have a surplus of tomato plants and will most likely have lettuce and cauli coming out of my ears come summer, so might be nice to be in touch with other locals who would be interested in swap meets etc.

Just curious at this stage

Sponsored Links

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 7:16pm
I have heaps of seedlings lol. Some silly person planted way to many.

I was already thinking of bringing any i dont want to coffee group to share around.

I have leek, spinach, silverbeet, lettuces, peas, tomatoes.

I would plant them all and share when they are grown but i dont have the space.

Great idea though, i would definitely be keen.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 7:37am
Oh yay, well I have much the same thing although I also have some midget cauli seedlings lol...and I think SoyBasedMama is also quite keen to do a bit of a swap? SO maybe next coffee group we should bring what we haven't planted out?

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:30pm
I'd be keen to swap once things have grown and I have a surplus though it sounds like I may have lots of the same things as you - tomatoes, lettuce etc.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 3:36pm

Oh yay! Well we might have similar things but they might all come up at different times.....iykwim? So I'd be really keen to start an informal wee swap club or something lol. The other thing I thought of today is we're gonna have a TON of plums and probably strawberries all at once (although not ness all at once together)...and I thought hmmm I'll have a newborn and a toddler but maybe if I gave someone the fruit, they could make jam and give me a few jars and keep the rest?

Know anyone who's a good jam maker?

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 3:18pm
I've never made jam but I'd be interested in giving it a go.  Would just need to source some jars but I'm sure that can be done!
 Post Reply Post Reply