FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1yr old feeding...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1yr old feeding...
    Posted: 30 October 2010 at 7:54pm
Just have a couple of questions regarding feeding...

1. For those non-BLW when did your DS/DD start eating what you eat, and how did you prepare it so it was eatable for them? At the moment I'm putting whatever we have for dinner in the mixer (we have a mini one) and whizz it for about 5 seconds so that it's still quite chunky.
Also, when did you start eating dinner at the same time as them? We are still eating after DD goes down for the night (around 7pm). DD eats at 5:30, but we're both not hungry then and I'm just not in the mood to cook tea at 4:30/5pm!

2. How many feeds/bottles were you giving at 11/12 months?

3. How did you teach your little one to drink milk from a sippy cup? DD drinks fine from a straw, but just plays with the sippy cup.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 11:48am
Cory was eating what we ate (apart from foods he was/is allergic too)., us to just blend it up and give it too him.

Even now we dont eat with the kids...mr 16mths and miss 4.5 both want dinner around 4.30/5ish...so i cook dinner around lunchtime and just reheat it for them and us as we want it.

Cory was on 3 bottles a day but only of 120mls

and i just left the sippy cup out for him to get whenever he wanted and now drinks out of it fine...infact hes about ready to lose the sippy part and just hve the cup

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 2:52pm
i didnt BLW with my two older boys but by 12 months they were both eating what we eat... i tried my older boy on those toddler meals in the jar and he hated them! dont blame him really, they smelt bad let alone the taste. I have always tried to eat together as a family, my husband gets home at 6.30 and that is when we have dinner.

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 2:52pm
Jody was just over 12 months when she started eating non-pureed food.
We've always had tea at around 5:30 - 6pm so that wasn't an issue. If we are going to eat later she will have dinner at her normal time (I just whip up some pasta or something).

I was still breastfeeding up until 13 months and she fed up to 6 times a day. Piglet

It took us about 3-4weeks to get Jody to drink from a bottle (rather than boob) so I guess it's kind of the same, we just offered it to her once or twice a day.
I did get her to change from a sippy to a straw cup at around 13 months, it took a week or so, I just let her play with it a lot and she eventually got the idea.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 10:56pm
Good questions jaxs.

We sometimes give Cooper our leftovers the next night like I've given him bacon and egg pie a couple of times and carbornara a couple of times but I still add veges and stuff for him. But mainly I just do something separate for now. But I don't whizz it up or anything anymore I just give him it chopped into bite size pieces or sometimes I see if he can bite bits off (but that's risky as he might throw the whole thing off the side). I was wondering about the whole eating together too, we'd be ok to eat at 6pm, but DS eats at 5pm, so I think we're still awhile off that too.

We're on 3 feeds per day, sometimes he might get one in the night too if he's sick/teething or being restless and I want some sleep. But then he isn't very interested in his morning bottle.   I think the morning one is going to be the first to go for us, but if I can get him eating cereal at some point there will be milk in that, so that's ok I guess.

Haven't tried milk in a cup yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply