FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2011 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 262>
Author
Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 8:38pm
hehe Victoria i agree its so hard to keep such an awesome thing secret! so glad my mum knows and had to tell a couple of workmates to work around doing stuff at work but want to tell everyone!!
Though no one will want to talk about pregnancy that much anyway so its good to have you ladies

Mmm i am loving the water, but not got dry lips? My skin is apparently looking good though (not sure if thats cos its oiler or drier..
Sponsored Links

Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 8:43pm
Hi girls,

I'm super thirsty all the time - particularly want water and milk! ...plus I go to the toilet all the time...3 times in the night also...so annoying!

Question - is anyone still drinking coffee now they're pregnant? I am having one cup a day still and think this should be ok...what does everyone think?
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 8:44pm
oops forgot my signature, lol

lllVictorialll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lllVictorialll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Smiles Smiles wrote:

Question - is anyone still drinking coffee now they're pregnant? I am having one cup a day still and think this should be ok...what does everyone think?

I still do, this sorta throws everyone off the fact that im pregnant aswell. I've cut down from about 4-5 cups a day to 1. And I make it either plunge or a decent one cos instant tastes horrible, even more so now that im pregnant (and because instant is worse for you than the others apparently).
1 cup has got to be better than 5 cups I say
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 9:05pm
Yeah I am. Kind of brewing it weaker than normal but I'm still have 1 or 2 in the morning when I get up. All of the info I've been able to find say it's considered safe to drink up to 3 cups.
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 9:09pm
Thanks :) yeah I',m having 1 a day and I'm sure it's fine. I don't want to be completely paranoid about everything I put in my mouth.

Nightingale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightingale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 7:01am
Hi ladies

I'm not drinking coffee but I gave it up for my IVF cycle and I'm just a touch paranoid! Haha. I was a total coffee addict so even just having one would be like falling off the wagon I probably will have the occassional cup after I get past the 12 week mark though and by all accounts it's perfectly fine in small moderations. My skin is also looking really good and yes, totally thirsty! Especially during the night and I get really hot during the night too. Not really tired yet and no MS at all. Anyone else got not many symptoms?
ME:30 DH: 30
DS#1: Cohen (27.6.2011)
DS#2: Due 13th December 2012
Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 7:35am
Oh i am so glad i am not a coffee drinker! I do drink a lot of tea usually though but DH is all in to this pregnancy and so bought me decaf which i actually dont mind too much. All that i am really craving is V which i am not allowed

So i am 6 weeks today yay! not really had any ms yet but i am sure thats about to come on so just trying to enjoy not having it for the moment.. Other than that my boobs are no longer sore? And still so tired
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 8:03am
Not a regular coffee drinker here, but had one yesterday after falling asleep on the couch just before the kids woke up! ALWAYS the way! My sleep is awful at the moment, can't get to sleep, and wake up in the night totally wired. Was awake from 2.20-4.10 this morning

It feels like life has slowed down already - I almost wish I hadn't tested so early, even though AF was already late! With DD we didn't know until I was almost 6 weeks, and didn't get symptoms until 8 weeks.
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 8:26am
Panda, why can't you drink any V? I don't ask that in an ignorant way...because I do understand that as pregant women we have to be cautious about what we put in our mouths...however, my gf drank so much coca-cola during her pregnancy as it was pretty much all she could stomach. I presumed V was similar...or perhaps V has other ingredients that aren't pregnancy-friendly.

I hear ya SquishysMum...feels like this first 12 weeks is going to go on forever! I just want to be out of the "high risk" zone.

So, when is everyone planning on doing a first scan?

mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 11:12am
Smiles- its the amount of caffiene and that other ingredient. Gruana? Or something that isn't preggy friendly. I'd kill for a red bull O.O
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 11:50am

Pregnancy smacked me in the head this morning. Could not stomach the idea of food AT ALL! Also had a yuccky rolly nausea feeling. Bout 10.30 I managed to eat 1/2 a muffin but still not feeling "normal". Kinda pleased in a way cause it makes it feel a bit more real. I'm sure I'll get over that!!

Not sure if we are going to have a scan at 7weeks part of me wants to but part of me thinks "why? I'm young(ish) I'm healthy, no reason to suspect a problem" as DH might have to make up my mind for me lol.

Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:22pm
Smiles on the back of the bottle it says your not meant to drink if you pregnant.. i think it has a fair bit of caffeine in it too as well guarana like Mum2Ollie says.. i was quite addicted and it was expensive (spending $20-30 a week on it and substituting it for food) so add that on top and its the easiest way to try and break my addiction
I have had two sips since finding out but i just felt guilty.. it makes my heart race when i drink it so dont want to risk it

mmm now i am thinking red bull too.. but instead i am going to get a bubble tea which for some odd reason i feel like, its nice and fruity flavoured with tapioca (sp?) balls at the bottom. Cant eat much either MrsMJD feeling blagh..
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:47pm
Hi beautiful girls. How are you all??

ooo Nightingale - Congrats hunny!!!! So great to see you here, after a long hard ttc journey!!

re coffee - I haven't been able to drink coffee since I had my son 5 years ago, I just find the caffine hits me really bad, and I have a bad 'low' from it a few hours later. BUT I love the taste, so drink de-caf!! Always an option!! mmmmm decaf Vanilla latte - my fav!! hehe

I got my hcg results from BT on Tuesday, and it was 10,000 - so YAY!! MW was pleased with that. Have a repeat test to do tomorrow, and hopefully my levels will have doubled! Feel very relieved that my level is ok - as I'm still not feeling at all pregnant.

Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 3:33pm
hey Nicolaann thats awesome
called my doctor back about the blood tests, apparently they dont test for HCG.. they say thats only to determine if i am pregnant.. i asked if i was just to assume everything was going as it should and she said yes unless you start bleeding.. Hmm cant wait to see the midwife next week i so hope she is better. Its my first baby so maybe i am being too over worried but at $50 a visit to the GP i would have thought she would have been more helpful and caring about what i want grrr anyway hope your all doing good!
ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 3:44pm
*** lurker ***

Yay Nicolann - those levels sound great!
I'm so excited to see you in the "Due in" threads!
*jumps up and down and then has to stop because belly and boobs are flying everywhere*

I'm halfway today and scan showed everything was great - can't believe how fast the last 15 weeks have gone.

Edited to add: Panda, the visit to your GP should have been free as I believe all pregnancy visits (except private ob) are fully funded. I also paid for my first visit but when I found out I shouldn't have been charged I couldn't be bothered complaining.

*** lurker out ***

Edited by ArielAngel
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 3:57pm

Woohoo Nicolaann those are awesome numbers.

Panda I was surprised to find out that hCG levels weren't the norm. My Dr added one because I was only just due for my period but won't do a follow up unless theres a concern.But you are right your Dr should have been a bit more understanding about it!  It will be interesting to see how the Aussie systems works, you can give us all the inside goss .

Ariel you lurker! So great to hear your scan went well! Can believe you are 20 wks already!! I hope mine goes that fast, feels like ages at the moment lol. In saying that I'm keen for baby to stay right where he or she is until FULLY cooked  

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 4:22pm
My mw suggested the hcg BT after I was feeling so 'not pregnant' to check everything was ok, but I remember having hcg checked with both previous pregnancies as routine.

And Panda Ariel is right - dr should have been FREE!! I would complain about that!!

Thanks for lurking Ariel - but stop the jumping would you!! :) Great to hear your scan went well hun!!
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Luckymama23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckymama23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 4:49pm
Hi guys! Hopefully I belong in here too.. EDD 5th July, I have a 2year old son,
and had 2 miscarriages Nov 09 and Feb 10, so am SUPER paranoid, been 4 hcg tests yesterday and this morning, and waiting to hear what the numbers are doing..
Anyways.. Big congrats to everyone else in this thread!! :)
Nightingale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightingale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 5:11pm
I have another HCG test tomorrow but that's because this baby is an IVF baby and I'm still under the care of the fertility clinic, I do think it's normal to have one and then wait for the scan unless you're considered high risk or have any concerns. GOOD LUCK GIRLS! This is such a nervewracking time isn't it My first scan is on the 18th at 7 and a half weeks - what about you guys?
ME:30 DH: 30
DS#1: Cohen (27.6.2011)
DS#2: Due 13th December 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 262>