FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPumpkins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pumpkins
    Posted: 16 November 2010 at 2:43pm

Ok this is probably a very silly question given that pumpkins generally grow like weeds but does anyone in Wgtn want a plant?  I have them popping up all over the place!

Sponsored Links

Doublemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 10:58pm
Yes please. Can I have 2. I'm Gonna try planting in a bag of compost and see if it works like those ones you can buy. I think it will since they are heavy feeders. Might just have to feed more a bit later on

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 9:07pm

You can have twenty if you want!!  They keep popping up out of nowhere!

I'll do my best to get them to you on Friday (depending on how the little lady goes tonight!) otherwise Sunday...

Do you really only want two?  I can't bear to throw any of them out.  I'm going to end up having pumpkin plants all over the lawn at this rate!

Doublemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 8:08pm
Can I have some more after coming back for Taupo only had one left!!!! Have know idea what happened to others??? No sign of them And would have thought snails would have gone for seedling lettuce over pumpkin...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:52am
Yep - come and see me and you can grab what you want (just don't look at the weeds!!).  Or I can bring some on Wednesday?  I had that happen with capsicums and someone at work suggested it was hookworms.  They left no sign that there had ever been a plant there!
 Post Reply Post Reply