FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFoods to avoid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foods to avoid
    Posted: 16 November 2010 at 5:24pm
Ok so i seem to be having a mind blank from my last pregnancy.

Google has far to much info.

Can you ladies please remind me of all the main foods to avoid.

I know deli food is a no no. I found out rice can also be dangerous i had no idea
Sponsored Links

Jacindarella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 5:31pm
soft cheeses
runny eggs
rare meat
cold meat
unwashed salad - bought salad
soft serve ice cream
sushi
homemade custard
hummus
mayo with egg in it.
shellfish
there is more but I can't think right now.
Theres also a site that has a list but I can think of that right now either sorry!

Edited by Jacindarella
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 5:32pm
Only cooled rice (if you cook it and eat it right away it'll be fine, but left to cool it can grow nasty really quickly)

Umm I'm a lot less cautious this time, although have gone off the thought of ham - still have it sometimes in a heated croissant though.

DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 5:46pm
^^ What Rachel said, apparently rice is one of the main growers of bacteria, so sushi, fried rice, sides of rice from asian takeaway are out as they sit around. If you make it at home and eat it straight away you're all good.

Pate
Smoked or cured meats
Tined fish (high mecury levels)
Some other fish (Orange Roughy is one - contain high levels of mecury but i believe you're allowed one serve a week anyway and i can't imagine anyone eats more orange roughy then that)

Your midwife will have a pamphlet on food including a pull out chart for the fridge if you ask her
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 6:42pm
Arhhhhhh all the things to try remember lol. Yes i have my 1st appointment with MW tomorrow so i hope she gives me one!

Thanks Ladies
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by bowie bowie wrote:

Pate
Smoked or cured meats
Tined fish (high mecury levels)
Some other fish (Orange Roughy is one - contain high levels of mecury but i believe you're allowed one serve a week anyway and i can't imagine anyone eats more orange roughy then that)

Tinned salmon is fine, it has next to no mercury i think.
Lemonfish (which is shark and commonly sold in fish and chip shops) is very high in mercury.

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 6:55pm
Here is the govt guidelines nzfsa
 Post Reply Post Reply