FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnline vote: abort or keep baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online vote: abort or keep baby
    Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:20am
Saw this website on a news site yesterday... personally I thought it was pretty shocking!!!

vote whether or not to abort this child

What do you think?
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Sponsored Links

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:40am
I want to cry. And I'm generally a nice, mild-mannered person (or at least, I aim to be)... but I want to grab that miserable excuse for a woman by the scruff of the neck and pound her into non-existance. Wow... as I write that, I realise that that's a fairly strong reaction...

The way they talk about that poor little unborn baby...

And the fact that they care so little that they'd let people they don't know decide it's fate...

Are you sure this isn't a set-up? It seems to inhuman to be true.

I have a huge amount of sympathy for some people who get late-term abortions. I'm very against them in general, but in some circumstances I'm not sure I would have chosen differently, and understand the incredible amount of pain those making the decision go through. I want to say that in case anyone who's been in that situation is reading this, and think my feelings about these people apply to everyone who's had to make that dreadful decision. It's just people like the ones we're talking about who make me feel this way...

There are some lovely ladies down in the infertility section that are worth a million times what these sewer scum are... they deserve this poor tiny baby.

Although with parents like that, I'm not sure I want the poor darling to be born either. Imagine - 'you're only our child because the general public decided we shouldn't abort you...'

Edited by Hopes

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:54am
OMG did you click on the results. Most people are for aborting it

Awww so sad. I agree with everything you just said Hopes. I wonder just how far a long that woman is.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:59am
The results are skewed because people off a dodgy website have set computer programmes to automatically vote for abortion (the website is apparently one where people go to be sadistic and find it funny to make people feel terrible for a joke). From what I understand, the couple are having the results analysed separately to account for this, and the actual adjusted results won't be known until the end, when the poll has closed.

But still
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:02am
Absolutely, utterly disgusting!!!!! I am prochoice, but that is just horrible!!!! I feel sick that they would care so little as to do a poll....
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:04am
From someone that has had a termination,it is not a decision that should ever be made by other people,especially online as though its some sort of game.
Its a decision that can haunt you for the rest of your life and allowing other people to vote on what you should do is ridiculous,it is not a vote on what dress you should wear to a prom but a vote on whether you allow a new human to join your world and be a part of it.
What next ? "should I kill myself or not" ?

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:12am
I think they should have the baby and give it up for adoption... I don't think people who care that little should be raising a child!
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 1:40pm
I think it's a hoax
link

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 2:16pm
Awesome. Good detective work, Kellie

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Hopes Hopes wrote:

Are you sure this isn't a set-up? It seems to inhuman to be true.

I should have done a quick google rather than just asking that. To be frank, I'm a bit ashamed of myself, I'm the snopes queen at work.

After a bit of noseying, it all looks might suspicious to me. Shame on them! The worst thing is, the lady is pregnant, even if it is all a hoax, and that poor kid if getting a rotton set of parents!

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 7:10pm
what a shocking awful couple to make a hoax website like that. That poor poor baby to be born into a family like that.
The website looked so real!
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:00pm
I actually feel sick. What is wrong with these people? She has had two miscarriages already - one unplanned pregnancy and one planned. It makes me wonder if she's had abortions previously coz sometimes that can cause multiple miscarriages. I just don't understand these people!

Hopes you're right. These parents need to AT LEAST adopt. I don't want them to abort the baby but to be so "objective" about it as to take this approach is inhumane to say the least.

Edited by nathansmummy
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:05pm
Oh I just caught up on the hoax thing. Is it definitely a hoax? There are just some really whacky people out there - poor baby !!!
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 12:01pm
What a terrible hoax! What exactly were they trying to achieve, I wonder?
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:56am
They are seriously messed up! I;m really glad it's not real though...I would be so upset that people could be that callous about it.

Edited by kellie

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 4:21pm
Here are the results after the hoax votes had been taken out, where you can see a huge percentage voted for birth. Even though its a hoax, i am relieved to see that, i guess?
Would be way, way, way too messed up if that was real.

Total votes: 278084
    Give Birth: 73.79%      (205,189 votes)
    Have an Abortion: 26.21% (72,895 votes)

This is quite the change from the original vote numbers:

Give Birth 22.37% (448,777 votes)
    243,588 Fraudulent votes

Have an Abortion 77.63% (1,557,586 votes)
    1,484,691 Fraudulent votes
 Post Reply Post Reply