FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 149>
Author
KarenMae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenMae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 3:13pm
Well I am hoping that is what it is....

It's almost stopped now.......

TMI - now is slightly tinged coloured toilet paper as opposed to this morning which was stringy bits of brown.....

Hopefully mine is stopped now for good like yours Peaches!!!!

I think I'm just going to zip it and not post until I know for sure one way or the other..... or at least until after Dr appt tomorrow night...

This whole thread is me being a big drama queen.... me meeee meeeeeeeee!!!!!

What an old bore I am
Sponsored Links

peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 3:17pm
ooooo KM no it sounds like a good thing hun don't worry anymore ok all will be well!!!
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 3:59pm
You're not a bore KM! Fingers crossed that it is just the little bean snuggling in

I'm getting excited about my MW appt tomorrow now

.....and I was just a bit naughty and ordered some cute clothes from the Pumpkin Patch online store. They are having a sale. Love baby stuff!
peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 4:03pm
oh cute LR!

I have looking up maternity clothes online but they are sooo expensive, might go and have a look at kmart, want something nice to wear for xmas day and need something to wear to my cousins wedding in Feb and because I'm bloated I already look like I have a bump so I am hoping it wont get worse too soon
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 4:06pm
just one wee listeria comment i know someone whose baby died from getting it.. and you are 20x more likely to get listeria or any other of those types of thing because you immune system is compromised..so while you can be too careful for me I just avoided everything i got told to for 9 months and that was that:)

anyway happy 8 months to you all this time next year you will have a 3month old:)
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 4:24pm
Thanks Elfsmum, yeah it's not worth the risk really is it? I would rather have a healthy baby than have sushi for lunch!

Peaches, I don't think I'll worry about maternity wear because there are so many outfits out there that work as maternity anyway - like today I have on a long tunic and leggings that I bought at Glassons and Ezibuy, to hide my bloated tummy. I also have a few summer dresses that do the same thing.

Have you seen the prices of Egg Maternity?? It's crazy expensive
KarenMae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenMae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 4:32pm
Maternity Direct looks good and fairly affordable....

peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 4:38pm
yeah EGG is extremely expensive although it seems unfair as you only wear them for a certain time then thats it.

Oh thanks KM will have a look now
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 7:21pm
KM, sounds good to me, sounds like it's probably implantation bleeding. Brown stringy stuff is what I have had both time.
If it's bright red blood then worry, but until then you're safe in my eyes! And feel free to say whatever you need to say. The whole point of these thread is to provide support in EVERY area of pregnancy.

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 7:31pm
I talked to DP about the MW issue and he has said we can go back to my old MW and I'll get to birth at River Ridge again. I'm really excited. It's an hours travel but it will be soooo worth it. I loved River Ridge and I loved my MW so I'm stoked.

mimpoh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimpoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 10:22pm
KM - wow a bit to catch up on but sounds like you might be in the clear? Positive thinking - no point worrying about it anyway until you know. So just try and relax! *(easier said than done i know!)

So where is everyone around the country? We're down in Arrowtown - was up in Chch until around this time next year.

RTT - so wow you have an almost one year old! Cool - our age gaps will be similar for our little ones. I am also still BF'ing - and was planning on keeping going until she self weaned, but probably not past age two. but now I have number 2 coming before she's two - I don't know how it will all work - I know tandem feeding is possible - but is it really? How does it work! Does anyone know?

mollymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 7:43am

*lurker in*

WAHOOOOOOO to LR and peaches!!!

i am soooo thrilled to see you lovely ladies in here... all good things come to those who wait aye, so your little bubbas are gonna be super special cos you've waited soooo long!

enjoy every day as it comes, and again CONGRATS girlies, sooo happy for ya's!

peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 8:30am
ooo hi mollymoo haven't seen you for a while!! Thanks took a while didn't it!!   

Morning ladies feeling like absolute a** this morning, woke up after DH had helped miss8 cook friend eggs for brekki, have been throwing up ever since, not good at all   hope you ladies are well and not too sick. Off to see a friend later today and her little bubba, hopefully I can get rid of this ms before I got

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:11am
Thanks MM! Not too far behind you too

Hope you're feeling better later in the day Peaches.

Mimpoh, that's so cool that you live in Arrowtown, I love it there!

How are you going this morning KM?

AFM, I did my third and final HPT this morning (cos I have my MW appt this arvo) and the test line came up in 2 secs and is a lot darker than the control line now so fx everything is doing what it should be doing!

Had to lie for the first time last night when my SIL called and asked her usual "Any baby news?". I said no and quickly changed the subject. I really want to tell her because she has been so supportive while I was TTC but want to do it face-to-face. And then we really should tell our parents first I suppose! Then I'm sure my work is going to start getting suspicious very soon because we often have a glass of wine at 5 o'clock and I've been turning it down (obviously!). If someone asks me outright I think I will turn bright red and smile and give the game away!

How's everyone feeling? We must be getting some more August mums soon
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:34am
mimpoh - It is quite common for babies to self wean when you're about 5 months preggy cause the taste of your milk changes due to hormones and colostrum coming in. If my boy keeps feeding through I will be happy but I do know it will be hard work. I had planned to wean him around 18 months old though using the don't offer, don't refuse method, but we will see how I feel. Tandem feeding is very possible, I've seen it before and usually the toddler is only feeding once or twice a day anyway so it's not too much extra work. Our bodies are amazing things too and will compensate in any way they need to adjust to our babies needs.
I have heard that usually if you do feed them both at the same time (which is apparently great for bonding) the toddler lays on the bottom and sort of cradles the baby on top of him/her. So the 2 children cross over each other over your body.
Or your feed the toddler in a normal hold and feed the baby in football hold so their feet are pointing the same way. I am sure each mother finds what works for her and goes with it though

I am feeling a bit off. I have been getting hungry in the middle of the night and if I don't get up and eat I feel sick and then can't sleep. So at 4am I was chowing down a muesli bar

I want to keep this one as secret as I can for as long as I can. Will be hard I think but I just want to enjoy this pregnancy without anyone else trying to claim it as their own. First time mums - you'll understand what I mean soon enough.

I hope we get some more August mums soon.

Edited by RinTinTin

KarenMae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenMae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:43am
Morning August mummies to be....

I'm still spotting.... well it's more like a brown tinge to the loo paper when I go.... nothing on undies.... trying to not be too concerned about it.....

Couldnt' help myself and did another test last night with my last IC - the line came up stronger than it ever has - probably mid between very faint and control.

Did test this morning with FR and FMU and still faint - but a tiny bit darker than yesterday....

So I'm just going with the flow until I see Dr tonight....

Will ask for progesterone test and also a series of HCG tests.... also am going to pharmacy today and try and get some natural progesterone...

RTT - glad you are going back to the old MW who you seem to love - I'm sure that will make all the difference, being with someone you know and trust

Mimpoh - Lower Hutt for me, near Wellington

Peaches - hopefully you are feeling better soon... I am feeling okay in that regard.... hopefully that continues.... but doubt it..... Maybe you can try sea bands - apparently they help with morning sickness - like accupressure.... worth a shot, you get them from the chemist.... otherwise stay away from the friend eggs and get DH to bring you a cup of sweet tea and some crackers into you before you get up....

LR - yay for the super strong lines... I can only hope.... but I think you are a week ahead of me so there's still time....
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:47am
*Lurker in*
RTT just curious who is my midwife in Hamilton?
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:48am
hey KM, good luck for your appointment tonight hun, try not to worry too much, I pretty much had the same thing by the sounds of it but mine lasted just that day, But I'm sure you will be fine hun

yeah I'm going to go and get some naturopharm medispray stuff thats mean to help with morning sickness hopefully that works otherwise will give seabands a try

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:50am
That's sounding good KM!
Yeah, a week ago when I first got my BFP the line was a lot lighter.
Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 1:34pm
*lurker popping in*

Just to say how cool it is to see some of the CPP and Charting Girls in here as mums to be!! So exciting and I have to say it's still a bit surreal for me even tho I'm over halfway now. I still get a buzz from waking up thinking I was having a lovely dream about being UTD, to find it's real!

I'm wearing an Egg top right now and have to say they are the best quality and most comfy maternity clothes, and I love that they are made in NZ. I only got some coz they were on sale at drastically reduced prices! Otherwise just have to look wistfully in the window on my way past. But did splash out on a pair of Egg maternity jeans and have lived in them ever since. Summery stuff you can find at Glassons and K Mart and all the usual cheap and cheerful places, no need to go overboard on stuff you won't wear for long.

I had brown stringy stuff in the first month too KM so it might be quite common? FX all is fine and your doc can confirm it

And I can recommend ginger for nausea, I lived on ginger and lemon tea for months. Also keep eating coz if you let yourself get hungry it gets worse!

*lurker out* (til next time )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 149>