FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBiscuits for icing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biscuits for icing
    Posted: 05 December 2010 at 8:04pm
I'm wanting to make a whole pile of biscuits for DD's birthday and as christmas presents this year and I want to ice them.  Does anyone have a good biscuit recipe that lends itself to icing?  I often bake but I don't think I've ever iced them! 
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 10:42pm
my niece was over a couple of weeks back and made choc chip bikkies from the edmonds book and we iced some with left over butter icing from a cake i had made. they were yum.. we also used some tubes of edible writing icing that i got from Countdown. they were cool cause you could put words or patterns ..
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 8:44am
Last christmas I just made some gingerbread men and iced them, sorry I don't remember what recipe I used. I also made some stained glass biscuits that I decorated as well.
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 5:42pm

I'd forgotten Countdown do the tubes of icing!  Yay - I was going to have to find a friend with a proper icing kit!! Thanks Bizzy.

And Flutterby I was wondering about just doing gingerbread.  I think I have a decent recipe somewhere - actually from memory the Edmonds cookbook one is ok.

Post Reply Post Reply