FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMorning Sickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morning Sickness
    Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:01pm
For those that suffered really bad MS with your first but not other children did you have different sex babies?? (i hope that makes sense )

With DD i had ms my whole pregnancy, vomiting every day. This time nothing. Ive felt nauseous a few times but apart from that ive felt pretty good.

So im wondering if this one is a boy I always thought girls=morning sickness.

Sponsored Links

AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:05pm
Well mine are both the same, but I can tell you that it's not just girls that cause morning sickness!!

My sister had morning sickness with her first and none with her second, and they were both boys.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:43pm
hmmm well, I had all day sickness with both kids, but - with Caden its started bang on 6 weeks and I was siiicckkk as a dog till 14 weeks, only vomited twice, but gagged a lot and just felt rotten, with Bella I felt good up until roughly 8 weeks and then I started feeling sick, but not as bad as with Caden, I could control it more with morningmed spray and I drunk choc primo like a crazy person! No gagging or anything, thank god!

So yeah, felt sick with both but less sick with Bella. The main thing for me was, with Caden I craved savoury and salty stuff, with Bella I craved sweet stuff! (i was still shocked she was a girl tho!)

Edited by Sheza

Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:48pm
I've only got the one but I had MS from 6-16weeks and I vom'd everyday of those ten weeks. I had a boy Be interesting to see what my next preg would be like..
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:05pm
MS from 6-14 weeks with DD. My first pregnancy which ended at 11 weeks I was sick from 3-4 weeks until 11 weeks and every day, every hour, every meal... Don't know sex though but I know each pregnancy is different. My mum wasn't sick with me at all. My Gma was sick 24/7 the whole 9 months with my mum.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 10:56pm
WIth C I had MS from 6 weeks, but without nausea (C is a girl )

With Ty I had nausea but not that much and only threw up twice (such a waste of food )

And with this one, I threw up daily from about 8 weeks with the nausea accompaning it and this is a girl.

So for me, so far, it has been different , and throwing up is (in my case) a girl, not being as sick , meant a boy

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 2:08am
I was super duper sick early on and everyone was telling me that i was having a girl because i was so crook - but nope, its a boy.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:18am
With DS I was constantly sick from the day after I found out, til I ended up in hospital at 16 weeks for hyperemesis. Then it suddenly stopped.

With DD I was fine until the day i ticked over 6 weeks, then it hit like a ton of bricks and I only made it to 9 weeks before ending up in hospital again, with her i needed medication to keep it at bay right up until she was born.

This one I had slight nausea and the occasional throw-up only if I didnt eat something (still like that though at 26+ weeks), but cant tell you if thats gender related, or just 3rd time lucky just yet... so far *touch wood* its the only pregnancy I havent had to go to hospital during the pregnancy!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:50am
well (sorry to brag) but I've had no MS at all, aside from a bit of nausea if i havent eaten enough. will find out in 3 weeks what flavour i have!
Lou1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 2:13pm
I've always heard it was boys that make you sick.
I have 2 boys and had hyperemisis the whole 9 months with both of them.
becsscolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becsscolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 5:30pm
heaf3, I'm like you , basically no MS, just nausea if I haven't eaten. Had 3-4 weeks of it with all 3 pregnancies, 2 boys, one pending. I suspect another boy, but then again my body seems to be able to 'handle' pregnancy, iykwim, so maybe its a girl. Not trying to brag!
queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 8:10pm
I've had very similar morning (all-day ) sickness with all three of my pregnancies. First pregnancy had it 6-17 weeks (a little girl we lost), second pregnancy 6-18 weeks (a boy), this pregnancy 6-20 weeks (another girl).   So no real difference between boys and girls. I'm very jealous of those who don't get morning sickness, it's awful.

Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 8:24pm
No morning sickness with DS1.

Moderate morning sickness with DS2.

In fact both pregnancies were very different in a lot of ways but both boys, just different babies!
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:53pm
I was talking to a friend the other day and she had the same with her first she had MS her whole pregnancy and then with her second none at all and she has two beautiful little girls

meganflett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:29am
i feel so lucky when i read about ladies with bad MS, this is my first pregnancy and i have escaped quite luckily. The week i found out i felt just awful everyday but never actually threw up, im quite good now at 17 weeks but have found i still have a morning or two when i feel terrible but it usually passes if i go to sleep. I know its not based on genetics but i thank my mum, she had 4 pregnancies (only 3 resulted in kiddies) and never had a single bit of it!!

Post Reply Post Reply