FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaking curtains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making curtains
    Posted: 04 January 2011 at 5:26pm

I want to make curtains for DD's room.  Probably one roman blind and one pencil pleat set (just because they seem to be the easiest!).

Does anyone have great instructions?  I've never done it before and I'm not sure which google instructions to trust!!  If I was patient I'd wait for mum to get home from her holiday but I'm not sure I can be that patient!

Sponsored Links

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:55pm
Mum and I made roman blinds for my whole house when I was about 4 weeks pg with DD, so a while ago now, but I *think* these were the instructions I used. They were surprisingly easy. I did some lined and some not. I also found dowels were pretty pricey, but if you checked out the timber aisles at bunnings, they had other shapes for finishing corners etc that was way cheaper. I used stuff that was kind of shaped like a segment of a circle.
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:44pm

Yay T-Rex - those were the instructions I looked at earlier.  Might have to give the blind a go this week if I get brave!  I have the fabric so just need to get lining and the other bit and pieces.

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:17pm

Just when doing blinds make sure the cords are safe and they can't pull on them as one morning we found DS stuck in his and left a nice red mark on his neck. After this experience we are never doing romans again.

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:37am
I got instructions from the curtain fabric shop when I did mine.
I actually used fibreglass rods for the pleats, it was ages ago now but I might have got it from the fabric shop
Lindsey

LILI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:48pm
I know paper blinds is the easiest and cheapest!Why not?
michellluise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michellluise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:58pm
I think you should try to go for fabric shop and try to find out the curtains according to your choice. I must say that There are plenty of options to searching a result for curtains.

Edited by Kelz
Pure104913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure104913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 4:19pm
Might have to give the blind a go this week if I get brave!
nikol265324 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikol265324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 6:41pm
super!
Jamess266209 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamess266209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 2:54pm
Hello guys. Right now I'm thinking about floor insulation, does anyone here know any companies that can help me with this problem right now? Thank you all in advance.
Rachel248052 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel248052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 3:53pm
Hmmm... well, if you are looking for the reliable insulation service then I believe that I will be able to help you with this problem, just go and have a glance at this source on    https://insulationwholesale.co.uk/insulation/floor-insulation/, it's a very safe and trustworthy shop where you can easily order anything that you want that is connected with this stuff. If you have any problems or questions, I'm always here to ask any questions that you may have right now. I wish you all good luck guys
 Post Reply Post Reply