FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKeen sewer in Wellington/Lower hutt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SophieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keen sewer in Wellington/Lower hutt?
    Posted: 29 January 2011 at 3:29pm
lol...is that how you spell sewer?

anyway, I LOVE fabrics and while I have access to a sewing machine and can do basic alterations, I lack the patience and skill! to sew the dresses and skirts I would like made!

is there anyone out there who would be happy to make some simple shift dresses and A line skirts for me? (for payment of course )

I seem to be good at the ideas part but not so good at the execution!

:-)

Sponsored Links

Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 9:00pm
Sophie - I can barely sew but I bought the book 'Sew What?' recently which is basically sewing cool skirts for dummies. It has about 20 patterns in there and most only take a couple of hours to make. I made a wrap skirt which is basically three panels, hemmed and a long bit at the top for tying up. They have some simple A-lines in there too.
www.makedomum.blogspot.co.nz
Doublemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 3:11pm
I know someone who is a sewer by trade but doesn't anymore. will ask if she is interested.
she lives in tawa.
 Post Reply Post Reply