FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedP&T double vs Mountain buggy double

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P&T double vs Mountain buggy double
    Posted: 21 February 2011 at 7:42am
Im still looking for info on the best pram for 2 kids under 3.

The main purpose of me getting a double buggy is for walking. But i also need the opition for using it at shops. I go walking down the riverbank and on bush walks etc so it needs to be able to stand that

Is the P&Ts pram with double attachments good for walking long distances? Ive heard they can be a pain to steer and not all that comfortable

So i was thinking of getting a mountain buggy for walking and a cheap double stroller for shops. Also would a double mountain buggy fit in my boot, i have a station wagon

What have others had success with?

Sponsored Links

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 10:34am
I have a P&Ts and as I dont drive use it HEAPS. I started using it just prior to our youngest arriving, and despite a couple of points of difference with out prior stroller, (no where to put my keys or wallet, and basket size) I still wish I had got it prior to No.1 arriving.

The only time I've has issues with the steering is when I've accidentally locked the front wheel so it doesn't swivel. I've overcome the storage problem for keys etc, and can walk to the supermarket with both boys (admitedly the eldest walks down and around it) and come home laden with a weeks worth of groceries on the stroller and my back

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 1:14pm
If im going to walk any distance, I take our double mb. I find with Isabelle sitting in the toddler seat at the back my arms only just reach the handles and I tend to knock my shins on the back of her seat (im not that short either)!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:16am
I have the Moutain Buggy Duo. It should fit in your station wagon boot. It's 17kg which isn't too heavy but it is a bit awkward to lift.

For walking long distances it's great. Really easy to manouvere.

The basket size is good, although it's a bit of a pain to get to when both seats are fully reclined.

It's fine for shopping as it fits through standard doorways - at a squeeze. But there are some shops I can't get around due to their displays being too close together.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:04am
I have a pnt sport and I was walking every day with it (long distance for fitness) and running. Its definitely not hard to steer and I had no issues with it running with one hand steering going up and down little hills and around corners etc
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:42pm
Is the P & T prams sturdy enough for gravel & bush walks etc?
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:21pm
Mine has been on gravel tracks and was fine. Haven't done bushwalks but I can't imagine it being a problem. I've done the beach with it too through soft sand.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 3:10pm
Yeah the P&T sport would be ok for bushwalking .. prob not the other models.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:21pm
I used to use my P&T double like a car my 2 youngest are 17mth apart &I walked everywhere. I had a sport one. The only problems I had was with the tyres, I got a few punchers so rang them up & they sent out new wheels as they thought it may of been a fault. I ended up carry a spare wheel with me for a while.

I would use a MB if it was for bush walks as the suspension on them is great for that.

I was also looking at this pram before I got my P&T made by the same people ABC pram
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 9:07pm
I have a MB double and a cheap umbrella stroller for town. I had trouble fitting through some aisles/doorways with the MB, especially where I live now. I use my umbrella stroller for short quick visits, or visits to the mall, as I find it far easier to get out and manoeuvre around shops, with other people in there. The MB goes anywhere though, and I use it for walking all the time. It's been to speedway etc and never had any issues - just make sure the tyres are pumped up LOL I love walking to the supermarket with it, as I can use the baskets, whereas the umbrella stroller has nothing.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 9:23pm
Did it have issues fitting through doorways in your house Minik8e?

Im still undecided i guess i better go have a look at both.

Having a winter baby i cant just leave the pram outside if baby falls asleep which i normally do with dd. But in winter it would be to cold. So id have to bring the pram inside Would need it to fit in the doorway and up the few stairs i have
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 7:58pm
SMS I bought a double mountain buggy and it fits thru my front door easily.. i was surprised as it feels wide but fits where you wouldn't expect...
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:30pm
I bought a MB double off TM for $100 and its great for walks so if thats what you want then go for i.t Its pretty massive and won't fit in my sedan, but not too bad in the station wagon. I just tend to take my single one out shopping and keep a close eye on the walker. I actually don't go shopping very often.

Not sure if you would get it up the stairs, but you could get one of the MB bassinets and carry that up, that would work.
 Post Reply Post Reply