FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUnder 30 & IVF with ICSI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SunshineWife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under 30 & IVF with ICSI
    Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:57pm
Hi girls,

Just wanting to hear some success stories for those who have done IVF with ICSI and are under 30 years old. Also want to hear stories where it wasn't successful and why you think that is.... We are starting ours in March and I just want to know of any potential roadblocks. We are doing short cycle but not sure yet what drugs/dosage i'll be taking. We have MIF but all my tests have come back good, so am hoping that it will all go well. However would be interesting to hear whether anyone has any advice, things to watch out for....

Thanks, and lots of baby dust to all!
Sponsored Links

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 9:33pm
DH and I were both 29 when we did our ICSI cycle. We also had MIF and my tests where all good. Had a successful egg collection and had 1 implanted and 7 left to freeze. We were lucky to get our little girl from this cycle so were one of the success stories.

Hope all goes well for you. FX for you for March
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:02am
Hi SunshineWife

I had my first ICSI cycle last May. I was 25 & DH was 37. I have PCOS & DH has poor morphology. Our cycle was sadly unsuccessful. We had 6 eggs collected, only 3 of those we decent enough for ICSI. All 3 fertilised but only one made it to day 3 - apparently that one was a perfect A grade, 8 cell embryo, so I guess it was just not meant to be at that time.
We are starting our next publicly funded cycle again in May, so fingers crossed we get that much awaited BFP!

Good luck with your upcoming cycle - sending positive thoughts your way
TTC#1 since Aug 2006
Me: 27 + PCOS + DH: 38 + low morph
12 x Clomid cycles
4 x IUI
2 x IVF ICSI = BFP on 2nd round!
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:54am
I am 28, DH 35. We have MFI and used ICSI last October. We got 11 eggs, only 7 fertilized and 4 survived the first few days. At day 3 we had 3 eggs which were all very good quality. We let them go to day 5 and implanted the best. The other two were left to go to day 6 and become full blastocysts. One of these was frozen.

The fresh transfer didnt work, but we did a TER in January and I am now pregnant with our first. I am convinced the natural cycle I used for the TER made a difference because my body wasnt hyped up on drugs.

You have age on your side so I would relax and see how things go. IVF is often a journey and does not often happen the first time round.
Due 14/10/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:51am
Thanks girls, so good to hear success stories!
Kiwikt, you must be over the moon! What sort of protocol did you use for IVF? Did you find the whole process ok or did you have side effects from drugs?

I know it's a journey but can't help it but hope that it works from the first go. It's so much money, and the drugs freak me out too and all the procedures. we just bought a house and were working out our budget on the basis that we'll have two incomes for a year and then go down to one....and now have to pay for an IVF cycle which was not anywhere NEAR the budget, so it's really putting the pressure on :(

Trying4no1, that you for your kind words. All the best for your cycle in May too.

Baby dust to all xx
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 11:09am
I used a short protocol.

I didnt find the drugs too bad. A few mood swings but nothing major. The needles were also not that bad.

I found the process really good. I tried to take the attitude that I would do everything I could to maximise our chances (eating well, no coffee etc) but beyond that it was out of my control so I wouldn't stress about it.

The hardest part is the two week wait after an egg transfer. But that also passes eventually.

The procedures were not that bad for me. But we discovered it is because I have a very high drug tolerance, and a very high pain threshold. So the egg collection was a walk in the park for me. It was on a Thursday so I was able to take Friday off work - it was also a long weekend so I had 5 full days to recover before going back to work. I recommend at least 2 days off after a egg collection - the process itself is ok because you are drugged - but the bruising afterward is uncomfortable.

I know it seems like a lot of money, but remember that once you do get pregnant you have another 8 months to save for the little bundle to arrive. And we have been saving a fortune since I got pregnant because we are not going out as much.

Hope this helps.
Due 14/10/11
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 11:10am
I should say that from what I have read about others experiences on this site I have been very lucky with my IVF process.

Everyone reacts differently.
Due 14/10/11
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:09pm
Hi there

I also had a really good experience with IVF ISCI - I responded really well to the drugs - I did down regulation. There were 11 follicles, 10 mature eggs. Unfort due to DH sperm quality only 4 fertilised. Next time we are hoping for better result. My clinic didnt keep to day 5 - blasty because of the lack of embryos. The fresh one failed and we had recent chemical pregnant with FET. We are doing final FET next month otherwise will do another stim cycle. I didnt have eny side effects on the syranel or drugs - only a bit of tiredness on the puregon. I feel lucky though when reading what other people go through. I also had 2 days off for EPU and my ET have always been on the weekend. Hope this helps.
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem
FET April 2011 M/C 7 weeks
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:10pm
PS I am not under 30 but figure I am allowed to post
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem
FET April 2011 M/C 7 weeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:50pm
Thanks trouble06! Of course you can answer, I only put 'under 30' in the subject as wanted to see if experience is more positive, but really glad to hear from anyone who did IVF and ICSI. Can you tell me please what FET and ETU stand for? And what is chemical pregnant? Gosh, there's still so much to learn, every time I read something here there's a new thing! Thanks, and good luck for March =)
Binny121910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny121910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 2:42pm
Hi all,
I am new to this forum.
I am 29. I had one IVF cycle which was unsuccessful ( 1 fresh embie and 1 frozen embie) . I am in a new cycle with short protocol. My doctor advised to go for ICSI as fertilization was not good on the first cycle. Any success stories? for short IVF/ICSI protocol?
Beta22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beta22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:04pm
Hi Binny

I don't have a success story and I'm not under 30 (I'm 32) but I'm about to start so keen to hear how thungs go for you :)

When are you looking at ET?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny121910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 10:14am
Hi Beta22 thanks for your reply. It is great to know that someone is on the same ship with me. By the way my doctor said the chances for 28 - 33 age women would be same. So we both have same chances hope and wish we both get pregnant soon. I am on puregon injection now. Will have my egg retrieval on 11 or 12th of July and ET would be either 3 or 5 days after that. Will update you with my process. When are you planning to start yours?    
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 10:37am
I'm just going to stalk this for a while, we have IVF with ICSI booked for early December, have three cycles left on clomid to hopefully get UTD but otherwise IVF it is. Will be keen to hear how you girls get on! Where abouts are you? I'm in Dunedin so will be doing it with OFS.

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Beta22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beta22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 11:20am
I think I will start injections on the 16th of July so I'm a few weeks behind you. How are you feeling so far?

I'm in Christchurch going through Fertility Associates.

Fingers crossed for a happy outcome for us, and Epic fingers crossed you at a good result before December and don't need IVF :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny121910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 11:42am
Hope epic traveller is successful with clomid cycle.
Wow..beta22 most likely i will have my ET on July 16th. You start the day i stop.Hope we are both r lucky on July 16th .
I am with Hamilton fertility associates clinic but living in Taranaki.
I have to travel a lot during the treatment. Although my doctor said car travelling will not affect the embryo I am worried about travelling after ET. Will see what happens.
Do you guys know what protocal u r following? I am on short protocal.
Beta22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beta22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 11:58am
I'm not 100% sure of the name, but I start injections the day after AF arrives. Do you know what that protocol is?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny121910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 12:48pm
Hi dear,I think in any procedure injections need to be started after AF. But the procedure differs with the time of IVF cycle.for ex mine is called as short protocal because the whole IVF procedure will finish in 3 weeks in 4th week you will know whether u r pregnant or not.My doctor said he is putting me in short protocal because i am young and have mild PCOS. I might over react for long protocal. Your doctor should have given you the time table for your cycle.
By the way r u going to do IVF with natural fertilization or ICSI?
Beta22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beta22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:20pm
I may get the timetable next week Binnie. We are doing ICSI as well. My DH had a vasectomy reversal which initially worked but its now scarred over so ICSI is our only option.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binny121910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:37pm
I think the protocols are customized according to the patients. Whatever protocols we get at the end of the day we have to pray for embies to stick.
By the way we are also going for 100% ICSI. I have heard lots of success stories with ICSI. Last week when I went to the clinic I saw a 5 month old ICSI baby. He was such a happy child. His mother got pregnant with her first ICSI. So no worries we too have a good chances .By the way some people said some magical thing about pineapple and fertility yoga. I planning to try those things. Did you get any advice from from anyone??
 Post Reply Post Reply