FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s that procedure called, pre-ET?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s that procedure called, pre-ET?
    Posted: 28 February 2011 at 8:16pm
You know the one, begins with P? Where it's a bit like a D&C and cleans you out - except it's done like a smear and not under anaesthetic?

Anyway, it's on my 'menu' for my next ET in approx 2 months.

Can anyone explain to me what it is, and if you know of anyone who successfully got pregnant afterwards most like due to having that done?

Cheers in advance.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 6:20pm
Anyone???
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 6:42pm
mmmmmmmmmm not sure, hysterocopy, laminara tent?? I am curious I would think they would want to keep lining of uterus prior transfer?? Some procedure are done pror for cervical stenosis.
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 7:18pm
It begins with P, and it's like having a smear, they scrape away the lining a month prior to your cycle, then it grows back differently and helps to improve implantation. Apparently heaps of positive reports have been released about it since late last year.

But it may not be an issue if you read my latest post in IVF chat... or should that be ...

Edited by MaeBeeBaby
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 9:30pm
yeah not sure what starts with P. I am not sure re your hcg level but I have been referring to this http://www.advancedfertility.com/earlypre.htm to help me understand.

Off course this would have easier if they hadn't lost one of my blood tests!!!!
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:57am
Sorry MaeBeeBaby, can't help you with the name of the procedure, just wanted to wish you the best of luck for Friday's BT!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 6:52pm
Pipelle.
Peppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 4:42pm
This sounds interesting MaeBeeBaby...My mum has told me a number of times that I should have this done as we had a miscarriage years ago but since trying no luck at all. I haven't taken any notice of her but you've got me thinking now after looking it up briefly.
Can I ask why this has been recommended to you?
TTC Jan 09
Unexplained
IVF - BFN 3 frosties
TER - BFP!
 Post Reply Post Reply