FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGrovias

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 7:39pm
dumb, they leaked again :( back in the wash, try again tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:11pm
I do the leg snaps up quite tight - I think it's about the 3rd or 4th snap in, then I do the waist ones - they don't cross over, they touch, but because the leg snaps are tighter it's not flat across the front - does that make sense? The elastic has heaps more give in it so if it's not tight enough and she's moving her legs a lot I imagine it could easily leak... Try again! You'll get there! Could also just be the absorbency thing too.

Oh, and I use it on the infant rise setting, not the newborn one.

Edited by Mealz79

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:33pm
Hmm, maybe just need another wash or two. Campbell's also on the snaps meeting waist setting (he's got a skinny waist!), but on the highest rise setting (no snaps down). I agree, the elastic does have a lot of stretch! Is Olivia a heavy wetter? Possible she needs a booster as well?
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:44am
I didn't think she was a heavy wetter, but perhaps she is now that she is taking in more water as well as her bottle?

I will keep trying, I want these to work! I love them in all other aspects, the trimness, the fact that you can put the biodegradable compostable disposable part in them, the prints etc etc etc.
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 3:23pm
I'm gonna get the three grovias I want next week YAY! I'm getting paid for some minky nappies I'm making for someone so DH can't argue about what I spend my own money on (well, he could argue and probably will lol, but hey).

Hope you manage to sort out the absorbancy soon lostAmber! Lucky there's still a while before my boy is due so I can throw the nappies in the wash with DD's clothes every time I do a wash to make them super absorbant. (Are you meant to do that with ittis too? Maybe I should be washing the tuttos heaps before bubs is born too...)
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 7:48pm
^ yep, recommended with all cloth nappies I believe.
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:16pm
Ooh, yay for nappy money, Rachel! You should definitely spend nappy money on nappies, makes sense really!
I think organic cotton needs to be pre-washed more than bamboo to get up to full absorbency. But no harm in pre-washing the Tutto inserts 1 or 2 more times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123