FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGrovias

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grovias
    Posted: 04 March 2011 at 1:51pm
Which are best?

The AIO or AI2?

ETA, if I was to get the AI2, can it be used with other inserts? or strictly grovia ones?

Edited by Pillow_Fight
Sponsored Links

luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 2:34pm
I like the SIO's which I guess are the AI2's. That way I can re-use the shell if I want to if it's just a wee. I'm sure you could lay other inserts in the shell if you wanted to but since the proper ones snap in I don't think other brands would have the snaps in exactly the same place. But I haven't tried the AIO's so I can't comment on them.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 2:38pm
Groovy that'll do thats love I'll get them.
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 2:20pm

I love the ones that snap in as well 

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 2:29pm
Yay, okay that's what I'll get. I just wanted to make 100% sure.
I've got all the limited edition ittis I want so now moving on to the cute Grovias
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 4:10pm
Oooh! Thanks for this thread - those that are using them, how absorbent are they? Just being cotton rather than bamboo?

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 3:47pm
I've got 3 of the new Grovia prints, and I'm loving them! You can definitely use the shells as covers, say over a fitted nappy or with a prefold or lay-in type insert. The soaker pads are very absorbent, I find them similar in absorbency to all 3 inserts used in an Itti Tutto.
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 7:05pm

I find them really absorbent as well- never had a leak from them.

Only downside is that they do take a while to dry.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 8:41pm
Yep, I agree. They're fabulously absorbent but they take ages to dry.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 5:44pm
Are they very trim? Like in comparison to an itti? I really like the planes print.

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 7:04pm

I have found really trim- quite similar to an Itti.

The plane print is pretty cute

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:41pm
I find them really trim as well - very similar to a large Itti D'Lish or Tutto (on the 2 largest settings anyway).
I've got the Planes, Owls and Nature prints now - all are super cute!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 3:42pm
Those prints aren't limited editions are they? I want them to still be available when I get round to getting them
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 3:57pm
Anyone know if these are on sale anywhere at the moment?? Always love a bargain!

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 8:08pm
So with the GroVia's you get the set which consists of the shell and a soaker pad? And you just snap that in and replace with a new one when wet? They are $40 at cheekycherubs Mealz, but that's not on sale. Given I have a girl, I like the mod flowers one

edited to add: what are they like around the legs? My daughter has huge thighs with a smaller tummy- at 5 months she is in large itti's.

Edited by lostAmber
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 1:45pm
Rachel, I'm pretty sure they're around for good, but you could always email one of the nappy ladies and ask.
Mealz, are you doing the Cloth Nappy Hunt? If so, you can use the discount code they give you to get 20% off - Cheeky Cherubs are a sponsor, so you can use the discount there for the month of March. Even if you're not doing the Hunt, you could register just to get the code.
LostAmber, I find they're really good around the legs. DS has fairly skinny thighs (chunkier than they used to be, though!), but the elastic is fairly stretchy, and I'm sure they would fit chunky thighs well.
With the all-in-twos, you now have to buy the shell and soaker pads separately. The soaker pads come in sets of 2, so if buy 1 shell, you'll have a spare soaker pad (which would be handy for winter, cos they take a while to dry!). Or you could buy 2 shells - Nature would be nice on a girl!
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:10pm
And Mod Flower would look great on a girl - if I have a girl next time, I'll be getting it to add to the collection!
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:24pm
Thanks for that whitewave! I did sign up for the nappy hunt and forgot all about the discount code!
...but I think it's only 12%...

Edited by Mealz79

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:09pm
thanks whitewave, I like the idea of the two pack soakers :)
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:38pm
Well...I bit the bullet and bought one. Just went for the shell set (shell and soaker pad)...if I like it I'll grab a set of 2 soaker pads too!

(I couldn't help but make the most of the discount...bought 5 new nappies! But did I really need them?? )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>