FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappyholics Anonymous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 127>
Author
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappyholics Anonymous
    Posted: 15 March 2011 at 6:12pm
Lets gather here fellow Nappyholics we can support eachother with our obbessions!

I'll start.
I'm Trudz and I'm addicted to buying nappies!
Sponsored Links

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 6:19pm
I'm Rachel and I'm addicted to making/buying nappies
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 6:22pm
Oh my goodness, if I could make them I'd be in serious trouble! Lucky for me I can't lol
Welcome Rachel
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:46pm
Im Aethalia and Im addicted to buying/fixing Itti's!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:56pm
Aethalia, what kind of bribes do you take to fix other ittis lol
I have that tiger one I need re-elasticated but can't do it myself coz I'm challenged lol
I'll pay you in bribes of $$, chocolate, whatever haha
Of course, don't feel obliged to say yes

And welcome
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:51pm
Lol I can fix it for ya, I do like chocolate.... They are pretty easy to fix, you just need the time to sit down and do them- I taught myself- had to cause I couldnt justify throwing my old ones out or selling them!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:56pm
You're the best..PM me your adress and I'll post it and some choccies
I do not have the patenice to do it. I try, I try to sew etc but I just get half way thru something and give up.

Sooo, I found these nappies made by Cinnamon on FB they're freakin cute and I already want one!!
I def buy for print rather then absorbancy or convinience which is naughty. Altho I've been lucky so far and not had any duds!
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:58pm
I'm Jen and I'm addicted to buying cloth nappies!

Aethalia, I have an Itti that needs new elastic too - what kind of chocolate do you like?
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:02pm
PM'd you Trudz

Hi Jen- LOL caramello, turkish or black forest, tho I dont NEED lots..... IYKWIM I will PM you my details too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:06pm
Hi Jen! I've been expecting you hehe

Aethalia you could make some extra cash out of this fixing buisness hehe
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:13pm
Just saw your post Aethalia, got your pref for chocolate now! You're a legend!

Trudz, is it that obvious I'm a nappyholic!
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:21pm
Lol I could I suppose. I have no idea what to charge tho! Chocolate is much easier to trade in, that way I dont feel guilty buying it rather than 'real' food

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:51pm
I am TOTALLY addicted to cloth nappies! So pleased I'm back working part time now as I was putting a serious dent in my savings... Future babies is my go to excuse when DP asks about why I've bought more nappies! I actually have over 10 that haven't even been worn yet - they are washed and ready to go though!

Aethalia - I reckon you could charge for materials, postage and time... I think you'd get quite a fair bit of interest from here and it could be a nice little earner for you...could fund your cloth nappy obsession!!
I don't have any that need doing but I'd definitely get in touch with you if I did.
Can I give you a tip - I read it on the itti bitti Aust FB page...someone else who is redoing elastic suggested using 10mm elastic instead of the same as what is in there originally...after a bit of trial and error they reckoned that this elastic was perfect.

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:19am
I like 10mm elastic in nappies too, that's what I use in the nappies I make. Hehe I know what you mean Aethalia, I don't like charging people either. When people ask me to make them nappies and ask how much, I just tell them how much it costs for the materials. My step-mum's nephew just asked me to make them 6 nappies (already made 10 for them last year that my dad and stepmum paid me HEAPS for!!) so I told him it would be $80 for all the materials (using minky of course hehe) but that I could get 8 nappies out of that. He asked my least favourite question: "and how much do you charge for your time?" LOL. I said I don't because I enjoy making them, and he said that's slave labour and that they would pay me $180 whether I liked it or not crazy! Would much rather some chocolate if they felt they had to give me something

Will put up pics of my nappy stash for my baby boy, if everyone else promises to put up pics of all their nappies so I don't feel like such a loser
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 10:01am
I am Sharee and an obsessed buyer of cloth nappies. I just love cute
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Pillow_Fight Pillow_Fight wrote:

Sooo, I found these nappies made by Cinnamon on FB they're freakin cute and I already want one!!
I def buy for print rather then absorbancy or convinience which is naughty. Altho I've been lucky so far and not had any duds!

I'm also like this, all about the prints lol. You must provide the link if you're going to make this kind of statement hehe.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:22pm
Here is some pics of my nappy stash. Although Im selling all the pocket prints as I have decided I dont like them, and they are budget overseas ones off trade me. And since these photos I have 13 more Itti Bitti's..... Will have to take another photo of that minkey goodness!

Ah cr*p, I thought they were smaller, sorry girls!

Edited by Aethalia

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:44pm
Hehehe Aethalia, on your bottom pic I also have the first two on the left, and the 2nd from the right

K here's mine so far, haven't got a pic of the tuttos yet (7 of them) or all Chelsea's old nappies but plan to use those too of course!

newborn size (I bought the 6 down the right hand side but made the rest)

small/medium size
[/QUOTE]
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:47pm
OMG you MADE almost all of them! You are amazing! I can only really sew in a straight line, anything more and me and the sewing machine have to have time out from each other! lol

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:24pm
this is a spectacular sight lol.

anyone keen on making some bibs? i'm not happy with any of mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 127>