FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIm not ready for school!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 7:37pm
I posted in your other thread in the general section. It is a huge transition for everyone and I've found it hard too.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Sponsored Links

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 4:13pm
Ditto, I think I found it harder than Ollie did! I was so close to tears on his first day (tried really hard not to show it though). And he got used to school really quickly. He's always been a kid that loves structure and routine though.

We had trouble with toileting for the first few weeks. At kindy he was used to being able to go whenever he needed. While the teachers totally understand little kids can't 'hold on' the kids do need to say something, which he wasn't. We spoke to his teacher and she would make sure she asked and encouraged him at least a couple of times a day. Then at the start of term 2 we introduced a sticker chart. After the first 2 days, he's been dry since and is confident about asking his teacher and going by himself.

So far I don't think anyone has been mean to him. He hasn't said anything and the teacher said he is building friendships within the class which is great.

Make sure you talk to the teacher regularly, and they can allay any fears you may have or put practices into place to manage any issues that may arise.

While it was hard 'letting go' of my baby, watching his growing confidence and independence is also such a reward
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:17pm
bit OT Mummydee but I see your ticker...does that mean you are having a girl?

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 3:09pm
Yep it does!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 4:54pm
oh wow thats pretty cool 2 of each :)

and cant remember if I said or not but congrats :)

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 8:42pm
we are deciding about schools if to send Ds1 to a school in an area we will evenutally live in will moved about 6 -8 months after he starts. So will drive him 30 mins each way. Or do we send him to a local school and then move him later on? So hard to know.
Also i found the schools are not very willing to show new parents around or have an open day or anything. Of the 5 schools we have looked at we have to be enrolled/ accepted before we can look around, talk to anyone. Crazy i think.! Making our choice very difficult.
Anyway all the best kellz for the big day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12