FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "seeing what happens" girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 45>
Author
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:07pm
Damn I wish I could do that, Bowie Well, you never know, a surprise first-time-off-the-mark baby is still possible here

For what it's worth, Emmi, I struggled with the same thing when I weaned Jacob at night - it was such a quick way to put him back to sleep, just giving him a feed! - but it was way easier than I thought it would be. Hopefully Lilla finds it really easy for you.

I was thinking about another baby and my work, and realised that by the time I was paying childcare for two babies at the current rate, it wouldn't really be worth me working. I suppose I could look into an alternative childcare solution, but I think I'd be happy to quite. I would miss it, though, I'm really looking forward to going back in June (although I'm loving this stay-at-home thing, taking a year was a great decision).

Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:16pm
Thanks Hopes, how did you do it? (and when did you do it?) Its tough because Lilla has food allergies (wheat, dairy, eggs, soy and peanuts - that we know of!) and has really horrible eczema as a result, so I know shes itchy and uncomfortable. Although she is sooo much better than what she has been (used to only sleep 10 mins and then scream for 2 hours, rinse and repeat all night) so getting 2-3 hours now is great (but Im starting to yearn for a full nights sleep!) Did you find going away unsettled him? Did you feed him while you were away? (we are going away next weekend..). We had managed to get to 8 hours with out feeding her in the past (resettling her every couple of hours) but then we went away (and she was still waking up) so fed her again... Sorry, bit off the topic of TTC!
I know what you mean about work, although Im glad we are going to the states so I dont have to go back! Although I was wanting to do some more study but leaving the country means I cant...

+1 May 09 Angel
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:34pm
I went cold turkey with him, and used the sleep store's verbal reassurance technique. I started half-way through the first night (I'd woken at 12am to feed him, and popped online while he settled, and the Sleep Store had answered my question on FB recommending starting before I went away... so I started the next time he woke ) He cried quite a bit that night. The next night, he woke an hour after going to be and had a bit of a cry, then slept through. And this was a baby who, a few weeks before (before I also dropped the dummy) was waking every hour, if not more often). He was six months when I stopped feeding him at night, earlier than I had planned to, but I knew he didn't need it, and had been doing the up-every-hour thing for too long.

He hasn't been perfect at sleeping through, but I never expected him to be, and he's heaps better. The odd occasion he'll have a cry at night (and I miss being able to feed him then!) but for most of the part he'll give a few squawks then settle back down.

As for going away, I don't know what happened, but he slept better than he does here! The first night he woke up at 2am and didn't settle for a couple of hours (that was morning-time here). After that, he slept through pretty much every night, I was amazed. I have no idea why, so I can't replicate it here!!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:52pm
Wow thats amazing!! What a good wee boy he is! I do hope Lilla is just as easy, but I have a feeling 10 months of habit is goingto be a bit tougher to break!

+1 May 09 Angel
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 1:48pm
ChikkyD - we are deff having or planning to have a 5th, our 2nd baby was a not trying not preventing baby but i got preg straight away.
3rd we ttc for almost a yr but i was breastfeeding which made that take a while we just had to drop a few feeds and i dropped feeds very gradually as i didnt want to stop completely to ttc I was preg with ds3 when ds2 was 14mths and stopped bfing him at 16mths as it dont a bit painful. our 4th was planned b4 preg with ds3 i thought it would take a little longer to get preg but happened pretty soon after af returned.

this time we started not preventing in november but as i said my af's have been so messed up my cycles can be anything from 2wks to 60days. now im getting quite bad abdominal/pelvic pain which i am off to doctor for in about an hr as its not related to af or ov iv i had af i wouldnt think twice about it. if it were mid cycle id be jumping up and down, but with af's being so bad after ds4 was born and being brushed off with the pill to fix it last time and all that did was make me depressed i want 2nd opinion.

sorry about the novel
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 5:02pm
Well it was nice hanging out with you gals! Hope to see you in the Due in threads soon

+1 May 09 Angel
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 5:14pm

What a good idea PorterLou! Will probably see you guys in here in about 3 weeks!

Have a feeling my cycle is not behaving though- am undecided as to whether I'll try charting again or not

Oh and congrats again Emmi

TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by RachFizz RachFizz wrote:

What a good idea PorterLou! Will probably see you guys in here in about 3 weeks!

Ummm...(runs off to check)...oh yeah, the thread! Yay, you're joining in too Rach!

Emmi - OMG, how did I miss this? This is what happens when I skim read! congrats, its very exciting for you!!!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:38pm
Thanks PL It is pretty easy to miss! Esp considering im only 'just' preggers!

+1 May 09 Angel
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 3:53pm
Hey girls, being so naughty, logging in at work oops!!!

I'm going out tonight for dinner and a bit of drinking. Yes, I know, naughty drinking, but its my last big night out, and from now on it'll be a quiet wine every now and then (until I'm UTD, of course!)

Having a blah day - got a headache and I'm craving salt (have no idea why that is!). Want to do some exercise but can't get motivated, wanted to buy clothes but know i have to lose the rest of the weight first, want to go and get our ring but the jeweller isn't back till Monday with diamonds. One good thing - this morning we started discussing dates/venues...glad we've got the conversations going. Hopefully we can start booking and planning our wedding.

I'm jealous of babies and pregnancies and a little jealous of Deb (I think - and I can't remember if she;s in this thread or Waiting to TTC) who's getting married this month - wish I could say the same thing.

Ok, rant over, sorry about that, I'm having a funny day. Must make a note, though, maybe its a cycle thing?

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:46pm
yay for drinking PL, i say make the most of it while you can good luck for teh wedding plans - funny how something can cause so much stress but be so much fun at the same time!
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:56pm
Hi Everyone!
I have been lurking so thought I would pop in and say hi! This is a great forum as I have no idea about charting or OV...well I kind of do now after reading heaps on OB. Fingers crossed I will be hanging in here more in the next few months! DF and I are getting married in two weeks YAY!!! and then are going on a relaxing cruise for our honeymoon. So I will probably come off my pill soon after. Just visited my doctor last night and he told me I should come off the pill two months before we start trying....so still a little while away.
PL thats awesome that you have started talking about dates and venues! Its soooo exciting! We are in Welly too! What venues are you looking at. We looked at sooo many before we finally made a decision...we are so indecisive about everything so its been rather hard.
Sorry about the novel. Hope everyone has a great weekend :-)
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 9:24pm
Yea, make the most of the drinking while you can Not that I was ever a drinker to any real degree, but I haven't had more than a sip for about three years - my Fertility Associates Dr banned me, then I didn't drink pregnant, then I don't drink while I'm feeding Jacob! With luck (and it would be incredibly good luck, so I wouldn't complain in the slightest!) I'll get pregnant before Jacob is weaned, and it'll be another couple of years! By that point, I'll get giddy at a sip

Congrats on the wedding, misssara A cruise sounds lovely! Yea, I say go off the pill as soon as you can, you can always use something else in the meantime and it gives you an idea of wher eyour cycle's at.

Congrats Emmi!

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 12:07pm
Morning girls!

Well a good night was had, but my 2 girl friends left at 1 to go home (they were getting a ride and 1am was the latest he could come to get them!). We had dinner at a lovely Japanese restaurant and drunk a bit of wine, then a bit of dancing. Now I"m up and I've had my porridge and blueberries and I'm feeling just grand! Time to do some study then a swim this afternoon.

Misssara we've just started googling and talking about it, we thought maybe Erskine but you have to be out by midnight, so we're leaning towards a hotel. Depends on the cost, its all about having a good meal and hanging with family, we're not too concerned about a glamourous venue (and everything is pricy!) Do you have any recommendations?

Nannikin, the stress is the getting DF to decide. He is not the type to just sit back, its his day too, but he takes his time to make any decisions (hence why we were together for 6 years before he proposed in November last year, and we have not yet bought a ring cause we can't decide where to get it made and diamond to choose!)

Have a good day everyone, I'd better get going on the study!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 2:40pm
Oohh PL, I got my rings (and DHs) made from Pacific Jewelers on on Lambton Quay.. they are great!! My engagement one was just off the shelf, but my 2 wedding rings and DHs wedding rings were custom made, they are really helpful, at least go in and chat to them! (they also do interest free for a year too)

+1 May 09 Angel
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 6:44pm
Hi Emmi, yeah we went in there but the woman was quite rude to us, kept saying we can't really give you a price, give us a budget and we'll work to that. We're probably going to get it made at Jubilee Jewellers (now in Chews Lane), just waiting for the Jeweller to get back from Antwerp with more diamonds. Hopefully next week! Where did you get married? Thanks for the recommendation though!

Been aqua jogging, good exercise if you "sprint" up and down the pool!

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 7:40pm
Just comparing tickers, PorterLou - you've been together just a bit longer than we've been married DH finds decisions hard too (a month or so before the wedding he had a bit of a 'oh no I don't want to get married moment'... thankfully he got over it and says he has no regrets!)

I went aquajogging nine+ months pregnant, it was the best feeling after lugging that tummy round all day!

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 8:17pm
Hey Hopes, yeah I just noticed that too! Though we've been together a big longer than that, my ticker is the official time but we've been "friends" now for just over 11 years IYKWIM!! I think he's been having a "I don't want to married" moment for most of the time we've been together, but he knows that I want us to be married so he got over it too! I think we'll be able to make more progress soon!

Aquajogging is so much fun! I go with my friend who is 6 months pregnant and finds running uncomfortable now (eek! I was thinking I'd run right through my pregnancy, but she is much thinner than me, so if it hurts her then it'll be worse for me!).

Hope you've all had a good weekend - its been super quiet in here! I have not done any study, though I have done all the housework and washing. Nice girly movie on tv tonight (he's just not that into you!) though I think I have to negotiate this vs "Robin Hood" on sky (unfortunately DF will win - yes, I know I have HJNTIY on DVD, but its different when its on tv)!

Have a good night!

misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:00pm
PL we were the same. We really didnt want to spend mega money on a wedding. Would rather spend it on the house, or travelling. We are getting married at Gear Homestead out near the police college in Porirua. Very well priced and so gorgeous. Beautiful gardens and so classic. The down side is that you can only have up to 80 guests which has proven to be a tad harder than first thought. Its BYO which has saved the bank and the management there do everything for you. We have gone a little over our budget, but I think it will be worth it!
YAY I can say "I'm getting married next week"
Hope everyone is having a good Monday....not really enjoying how dark it is a 6.30pm now though!!
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by misssara misssara wrote:

YAY I can say "I'm getting married next week"
Hope everyone is having a good Monday....not really enjoying how dark it is a 6.30pm now though!!

yaaaay exciting!! hope the last minute bits and pieces fall into place for you nicely :)

and ditto to the dark, its duuuuumb.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 45>