FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "seeing what happens" girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>
Author
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 11:16am
I guess this is the most appropriate thread to join.

As, fact is, I am supposed to be getting my tubes tied in about 3 wks. So I wasn't trying. And we were using condoms, as I'm on no contraception. But DF decided to stop using them for some reason this month.

He's under the impression it'd be impossible to get my UTD, as when we were TTC our youngest, his sperm count came back as low. Yet it only took 3 months to get UTD. So clearly, he's not that low in sperm.

I know I ovulated just over a week ago.

For some reason, I think due to pregnant friends and family and friends with newborns. I have become rather clucky lately. Which is so not appropriate, considering I was so set that I want no more babies and was 100% sure about that and getting my tubes tied.

But now I'm freaking out about the op and second guessing my decision.

It's pretty much, if I'm pregnant, that's reality and I'll have another baby. If not, the tubes still get tied I guess.

It's hard to know whether I have symptoms or it's just my body playing tricks on me.

AF isn't due til this coming Saturday. So too early to test.

All I have is, indigestion, flatulence, headaches, tiredness and nausea and thinking some smells are just ick.

Also, bloating, feel lightheaded and easily getting out of breath(as in just running up the stairs) and back pain.

Edited by escadachic - 26 November 2012 at 5:18pm

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by PorterLou PorterLou wrote:

Hi everyone, how are you going? I'm trying to finish my final assignment (unsuccessfully) while watching "16 and pregnant" on MTV. Now, I've not been pregnant and therefore probably can't comment, but these girls all cry so much during labour, and not just normal cry, but hysterical Claire-Danes-in-Romeo-and-Juliet type cry. I know labour is the worst pain in the world, but do you think (and maybe some mamas can help) that its a sign of their maturity level that they can't breathe through it? Don't want to offend anyone!

No, not all women scream is hysterics like those young ones.

I for one, kind of sobbed quietly while I was in labour, during contractions. But that was more, I had no pain relief and that wasn't the plan, so the pain was scary and overwhelming. But yeah, I did so quietly. That was with #2. With #1 I swore at some family members who were telling me it was ok, while I was in pain LOL! But I was 24 back then. 30 with my second.

If you go by some of the women on "one born every minute". Some people are very silent. Like shockingly quiet.

Edited by escadachic - 26 November 2012 at 4:23pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by PorterLou PorterLou wrote:

Still no luck for us - trying to be casual about it still, but then another month goes by and I'm still not. I'm 32 now - does anyone have any suggestions when is a good time to get some help? Our problem could just be that we aren't getting the timing right in consecutive months, but everybody else I know seems to just get UTD at the drop of a hat. If I was to chart, where would I start?

I found for me, when I was TTC in my 30's. Healthy diet helped, cutting out all coffee and caffeine and all alcohol.

As, the months I still drunk alcohol and coffee, no luck. As soon as I gave them both up, next month UTD.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 9:02am
Not much in the way of new symptoms, but a couple.

Threw up yesterday a few times and go 1 sore boob.

Natasha100461 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natasha100461 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 12:26pm
Hi all, so I have been reading through these forums for a couple of weeks now after going off my pill (after 8 years). DF and I have decided that we'll just see how things go and if it happens then it happens, so we're obviously not being careful anymore. Not 10 minutes after registering on this site I got called into a meeting with my boss regarding my work situation. Our receptionist is leaving soon and she isn't going to be replaced so I am getting her workload as well as my own, plus a generous payrise. Now I'm feeling guilty because I know a baby could be a possibility in the near future and could be a real inconvenience for my bosses. A bit unsure what to do now....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 1:10pm
Right, so the symptoms meant this...

Making me about 3wks + 5 days UTD. Due about 8/8/2013

Edited by escadachic - 29 November 2012 at 4:31pm

kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Natasha100461 Natasha100461 wrote:

Hi all, so I have been reading through these forums for a couple of weeks now after going off my pill (after 8 years). DF and I have decided that we'll just see how things go and if it happens then it happens, so we're obviously not being careful anymore. Not 10 minutes after registering on this site I got called into a meeting with my boss regarding my work situation. Our receptionist is leaving soon and she isn't going to be replaced so I am getting her workload as well as my own, plus a generous payrise. Now I'm feeling guilty because I know a baby could be a possibility in the near future and could be a real inconvenience for my bosses. A bit unsure what to do now....

I am a lurker in this thread, but wanted to put my 2c in for your situation. I would put your own needs and plans before your work/boss's needs and wants. This is your WHOLE life you are creating. Your boss can hire more staff. My best friend made a decision regarding babies to suit her work and now wishes she hadn't done that.

PS.. congrats Escadachic (I think!)

Edited by kalika - 02 December 2012 at 9:34am
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 10:24am
Hi all, merry christmas and happy new year. Hope you have all had a great time. I've just had my sister and her family visiting for a few days, its been really awesome playing with my little nephew, although making it a bit hard when we really want a baby of our own...hopefully 2013 is our year (and everyone elses as well!).

Congrats escadachic. I was going to say having your tubes tied is a big decision, and if you're not 100% sure about it perhaps now's not the time, but it seems you've got 9+ months more to think about it!!

Edited by PorterLou - 31 December 2012 at 10:33am

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 10:31am
Hi Natasha

I understand the predicament you're in. I started applying for new jobs 6 months ago, because my role at the time was sending me home tired and in tears most days. We had to have a serious discussion about "what ifs" at that point, as to qualify for full parental leave exceptions etc I'd need at least a year in the new role. However we decided that for my mental state, I needed to change jobs, and it would only mean being careful for the first 4 months. If something happened and a baby came along sooner than expected, then that was great. A friend once said to me you can't plan your life around a baby, because you could pass up opportunities, like this one. If a baby comes along in a couple of months, then thats excellent for you, and your boss will cope. However, it might take 6 months for your body to settle down after being on the pill for so long, so there's no point missing out on extra experience and money, right? Good luck!

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 9:39pm
Hi girls, just thought I'd poke my head in - 3 weeks and we'll be TTC.. no charts or anything, just the good old fashioned way ;) fingers crossed it will all go smoothly. I also had my last cigarette at 12am this morning, so i've gone nearly a whole day without! i'm doing super well, 3 weeks and there will be no nicotine left in my body and we can start trying for lucky last!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 7:36pm
Hi MissAngel, welcome in, well done on the last cigarette! Good luck

Reffinej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reffinej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 6:06pm
Hey gals. I just wanted to pop in here because DH & I know we want another bubba one day, but have said that we should wait until next year to really TTC. However, we're a bit slack with the old contraception sometimes (not completely, but you know)...and I'm charting out of curiosity.

Anywhooo, I felt like it'd be nice to be a part of a group where we can share charts etc without there being too much emphasis on the definite getting pregnant part right now.

Actually, think I've forgotten how to get my chart up anyway!
Reffinej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reffinej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 6:16pm
Oops - lost ticker. I'm still breastfeeding a 12.5 month old...so, my cycles are whack
Spitfire19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 7:08am
Thanks for bumping this up Reffinej! This is exactly the thread I was after :) Still using contraception at the moment because I've just come off the pill and I'm waiting to be through my first cycle, and then depending on when that is we will stop that soon to, and just see what happens :) It just seems like the way that will garner the least amount of stress :)
Reffinej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reffinej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:45am
No probs Spitfire, bit quiet here though!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:04pm
I've noticed :( Actually a lot of the threads I've found that I "fit" with are a bit quiet at the moment...
Reffinej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reffinej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:32pm
Yeah, when I was TTC #1 there was much more chit chat...now I feel a bit silly the amount of times I've posted!

All I want is a place to obsess over symptoms, is that so wrong?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2013 at 7:43pm
Not silly, gives me someone to talk with :) When you were "seeing what happens" with the first did you go a bit crazy with the 2WW or was it more just knowing your cycle and knowing when AF was late?
Reffinej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reffinej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 12:54pm
To be honest, when we conceived our second (I'd accidentally got pregnant once before with DH, despite taking morning after pill but it ended in m/c) we were very lucky. I started charting, but without temps for one month, the first month I used temps too we got pregnant. But yes, the wait can still make ya crazy. I didn't know much about my cycles then, and my cycles are still wobbly now thanks to breastfeeding etc. Looks like we will start seeing what happens officially in mid June when I return from UK. ie: we might stop using condoms.

Are you charting?

Edited by Reffinej - 15 April 2013 at 4:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 7:05pm
Well seeing as I've only had one full cycle off the contraceptive pill, I've only gone for marking down the start of my cycle in my diary I think I'll just keep doing that for now so that I can see if I'm straight back in to being regular, and to give a general idea on fertility dates (without going "You Shall BD on This Date to Ensure Best Chance of Conceiving") to BD around. I think DH would stress to much if he knew he had to "perform" on certain days, so it's more for his sanity than for mine. That, and I'd rather keep it more fun and spontaneous than having to make sure we BD at a certain time.

Edited by Spitfire19 - 15 April 2013 at 7:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>