FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "seeing what happens" girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 45>
Author
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "seeing what happens" girls
    Posted: 23 March 2011 at 9:33pm
Hello...

I'm starting this new thread, mostly cause I couldn't find the thread for me now that I'm no longer specifically "waiting to TTC" (though I'm still chatting with those girls!!). So it was a toss up between "seeing what happens" or "TTC and over 30" (I'm 6 months over 30).

I have just stopped taking the pill, and my DF and I are "seeing what happens". I'm not charting (I'm not that disciplined) and we're not BDing at the right time. But I am taking folic acid, I've been to the doc for a check up, and avoiding "that extra wine" on a Friday. We are going to "see what happens".

I've been on the pill for 12 years. I first went on it for my skin, and for contraception. I have no idea what my body and skin is going to be like post pill.

Sponsored Links

meganflett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:09pm
Not currently trying but didn't want to read and run.

DH and I wern't actively trying but we wern't not trying either and i am currently 31 and a bit weeks pregnant so it can happen when you least expect it !!

Best of luck !
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:10pm
good luck PL! look forward to joining you here in june :) hope your body behaves itself with all those hormones running free
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:40pm
Ha ha nannikin, I knew I could tempt you girls to come play in here as well!!

Meganflett - thanks! I have lots of people telling me that too. But we are engaged and I kinda want to be married first, so if it takes a little while its ok. I think my sisters are taking bets...

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:41pm
This is the best place to be - pregnancy always seems to happen when the stress is not there... there are so many of the charting and TTC girls that stop trying and get preggy so quick...

Good luck with whatever happens

Angel March 2011
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:52am
Originally posted by PorterLou PorterLou wrote:

Meganflett - thanks! I have lots of people telling me that too. But we are engaged and I kinda want to be married first, so if it takes a little while its ok. I think my sisters are taking bets...

We are not!
If you're anything like us (and your mother) He'll just look at you and you'll be UTD.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:30am
Hi PorterLou - that is kind of what DH and I did. I had been on the pill for years and had no idea about my cycle or when was a good time for TTC (had to buy a book )I had never heard of charting and all that. I was quite amazed at just how ignorant I was about my own body and the whole process after so many years of trying NOT to get UTD!!

I came of the pill about the February and got my BFP in the September. It was a good way to do it.

Good luck on your journey and hopefully there will be lots of other ladies joining you here

ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 2:34pm
Hi PorterLou,

"seeing what happens" is exactly what DF and I did and now have our little girl! I took around 8 months before i got a BFP and the suprise of my life! I think it takes the stress out of TTC as with charting etc your kind of thinking about it everyday taking temps and tracking ovulation which i think can end up taking over

Although now that your not on the pill you will begin to 'symptom spot' around AF time each month hehe

I have just been discharged from my midwife and have no plans to go back on the pill so i guess we will just 'see what happens' again
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 5:14pm
This is me!

have just gone off the pill, would like to have a few natural periods before getting pregnant so giving my body a bit of a break at the moment!

Have finally just got my period back, day 34 of the cycle! We arent going to chart or anything, just seeing what happens for a few months before starting to try actively, great idea for a thread!
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 5:31pm
Ooh, yay, I'm pleased you chose this rather than 'over 30', I don't fit that camp, but I do fit this one. Jacob took a long time to conceive, and so now AF is back I'm more than happy for a brother or sister for him, but aren't wanting to jump into the stressful world of actually trying hard for one yet, so we're just 'seeing what happens'

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by PorterLou PorterLou wrote:

let's be honest here it didn't take too much
MakeItWork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:40pm
Hi ladies, love the thread, nice and relaxed! I will be interested to pop in here from time-to-time as I am charting but came off BCP in early November and am having trouble getting my cycles back to normal. Will be keen to see how you all get on.

Good luck and baby dust to everyone!
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:50pm
Hehe we did the, lets see what happens thing (after convincing my DP it would take AGES), off BCP 1 month later period and now I'm 18 weeks UTD :D

This seeing what happens thing seems to work really well lol.
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 7:27am
Wow, what a response! Thank you girls for being so wonderful and supportive and keen to join in! The people in my life who know are offering all sorts of advice, which is great, but we really are just carrying on as normal and if it takes a year then it does!

Jaycee - I too bought a book ! Funnily enough I didn't realise the was only a few days when I am fertile, I stupidly thought as long as there is no AF, I could. But maybe it was because I was trying to make sure I couldn't/wouldn't get pregnant!

Congrats to all the ladies with bubbas, and good luck to everyone else!

A bit about me. I live in Welly with my DF. We got engaged in November, although we have not yet purchased our ring or set a date. I work full time, studying part time for a BBS and I'm a runner so I'm out running most days, or at the gym when its wet!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 8:37am
Great idea porterlou this will be us at the end of the year, we're not trying not preventing for #2, accept having a 5 month old baby is proving to be contraceptive enough.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Brunettie86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunettie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 8:59am
I like this place already.

I'm 24 and my DH is 27, we have been "seeing what happens" since December 2010. My AF is due on Monday but hopefully we get a BFP this month instead!

I am not into charting etc. as I think I would become so stressed about it that the negatives would outway the positives.

Anyway good luck to everyone who is "seeing what happens"!!!
Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 9:48am
Originally posted by caliandjack caliandjack wrote:

Great idea porterlou this will be us at the end of the year, we're not trying not preventing for #2, accept having a 5 month old baby is proving to be contraceptive enough.

Ha ha C & J I thought the same too but have somehow got UTD again!!! I did not even think we BD that month but have been proven wrong!!!

Edited by Birdie
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:24am
How contraceptive if breastfeeding exactly? My midwife said that your pretty safe up until 6 months.

Depends when you get your periods back i guess??
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 1:00pm
I'm pretty sure to use BF as a contraceptive, the *rules* are that you BF on demand, and let baby do all their sucking on you - ie. no expressing and no dummies. The sucking stimulus actually has quite a strong supressing effect on your repro hormones apparently. And then should be pretty safe up till about 6 months. But, like every contraceptive, it's not failsafe!

For me, it came down to that if I got UTD before I'd been back at work for a year, I'd not be eligible for maternity leave and would lose a job I really love. So the consequences were too steep for me to risk it and I went on the minipill. If the consequences would have been simply a closer age gap than I originally planned, then I probably would have taken the risk.

Hehe, for the record, I did the "see what happens, it'll probably take ages" thing twice. 6 weeks and 2 weeks later, I was UTD
Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by T_Rex T_Rex wrote:

I'm pretty sure to use BF as a contraceptive, the *rules* are that you BF on demand, and let baby do all their sucking on you - ie. no expressing and no dummies. The sucking stimulus actually has quite a strong supressing effect on your repro hormones apparently. And then should be pretty safe up till about 6 months. But, like every contraceptive, it's not failsafe!

Yeah thats what I though but it did not work for me!!!! DD was 5 months old!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 45>