FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMore toilet training questions ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More toilet training questions ;)
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:14pm
So dd has been in undies while at home only for about 6 weeks now. She hasnt had any accidents but will bring me a nappy when she needs to go.

Ive tried several things to try get her to go on the toilet or potty with no luck. She will only go in nappies.

She is still in nappies for nap time & night time.

Does anyone have tips on how to get her to go on the toilet? I dont want to take away nappies and force her to go. Im not in a rush to have her trained but ideally we have come this far id like to have it done by the time #2 arrives
Sponsored Links

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:26pm
How about Letting her wear the nappy but get her to sit on the toilet or potty whilst going in the nappy. Once she isok with that then she should make the move to using the toilet/potty ok.

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 6:56pm
Have you explained to her that mummy and daddy go to the toilet? I found that it really helped explaining to DD what the toilet was for and showing her what was in there. She had seen other older kids using the potty so had a bit of a head start I guess.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:37pm
Yes, she knows all about mummy and daddy going toilet. Is also very interested in herself going but in the nappy & change time.

When i go she will bring her potty down and place it in the toilet or try and sit on it but with her clothes on, but with all the trying we havent had her go at all yet.

I think once she goes once and that fear is gone it will be fine but just getting her to go the once
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:55pm
will she sit on the toilet or potty bare bummed even if she doesnt go?? cos if you could get her to sit there and then get her to relax/distract her she might just go as her body relaxes? I guess its a little different if she wont sit on it with no nappy...

+1 May 09 Angel
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:00pm
Yes she sits on both and will happily sit there for quite a while. Then wants to hop off and put on a nappy. I try explain she can go wees on the toilet but she wont. After a while she gets grumpy and wants to get off.

So its just trying to help her go the once and when she does i think she will keep going
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:02pm
Could (do) you read a book or get a new toy out? So that she takes her mind off the fact shes sitting on the toilet? Sorry, just things that I have heard before, we arnt loking at TTing Lil any time soon (although she happily goes on the toilet and the potty, but not much use to you!)

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:49pm
We've been exploring TT with Lily, she's really fascinated when I go... She often lets me know before she has to go by also bringing a nappy before hand and pointing at her tummy (poos) or downstairs for wees. We have a potty but complete no go... She won't go on the potty but will happily go on the floor or in a nappy. Likes standing.

Does she go in a potty? Or do you have a little seat for the toilet?
sarasal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarasal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:07am
It's good you're not forcing her - I think that just tends to create big problems. We didn't have a potty problem but I've found whenever my toddler doesn't want to do something, if I back off and then just re-introduce it really slowly and try to make it fun, he will come around.
 Post Reply Post Reply