FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Wipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cloth Wipes
    Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:04pm
Does anyone make cloth wipes?

What material is best used for cloth wipes??

TIA
Sponsored Links

Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:30pm
I just use thin flannel things you get in packs, but I know you can get more plush ones
lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:02pm
I use both flannel type ones, that I bought from someone who I'll look up, and a bunch of muslin squares that my mum made for me. Both good for different things. Muslin could probably do with being double layered if it's fine.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:31pm
I just bought some muslin from Spotlight, cut it in squares and overlocked the edges. I used single layer when Jack was born and they are lovely and soft, although possibly a bit thin. I bought double layer when pg with Ben and they are good but not quite as soft

ETA: I have an old Huggies wipes container (the big one) and I put in 1 cup hot water, 1 tsp (or so) of almond oil and a chamomile tea bag. Take the tea bag out once steeped for a while and then I put the wipes in. It is great cos all the wipes are wet and ready to use, wish I had done this when Jack was in mcns

Edited by Linzy
Lindsey

bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:37pm
I have itti bitti wipes, but they are cotton velour double layer.. Spotlight sells this. I am planning on buying some material from spotlight to make a few spares. They are really soft but thick, so it grips the poo quiet well. Where as muslin to me seems too thin.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:42pm
I bought some really soft microfleece from spotlight and chopped it up into squares. No hemming required and lovely and soft. Does a good job on those sticky poos too

shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:52pm
I used flannelette on one side and cotton velour on the other. The velour is very good for 'grabbing' bits when wiping.

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:30pm
Excellent thanks ladies.

I had heaps of baby face cloths i used for DD, but i have recently had a clean up and miss placed them or thrown them out. Im a bit pissed off about but my fault really. Or baby brain

I dont want to buy more because i figure its alot cheaper to make them

Someone else gave me the idea of buying some towels and cutting them up. Would this be a bit hard on babies bum though??

I guess a trip to spotlight is on the plan
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:55pm
I use home-made cloth wipes, a soft toweling (would be a very thin towel if made up that way though!)... got it from a fabric store. I find it great for poo, which then rinses off well once finished - better than the double layer muslin wipes I also made.
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:26pm
Don't skimp on the size if making your own! I wish I'd made a bunch of mine bigger. Small is fine for teeny tiny bottoms, but they don't stay teeny tiny for long!
I have used muslin for mine and they work fine.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:30am
I'm still using chux cloths! I was thinking about cutting up his muslin wraps that he used when teeny tiny for bums but reconsidered because they're pretty p/p ones...praps nice for faces instead.
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 10:12am
I made all our ones. One layer of cotton velour and one layer of microfleece. Lovely and soft will show you on Monday if you're coming to coffee group (it's at my house next week)
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:07pm
I had a big bag of face cloths that mum used as bum cloths for us. Now we have a ridiculously HUGE stack of facecloths and use them. Don't bother buying the baby ones as normal facecloths are a bit bigger (and cheaper) and it doesn't take much to wash/dry them and they wash off poo really well
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:29pm
We cut up old towels and sheets, as well as using those face cloths you can get in the baby section, comes in packs of 6, they actually give a good idea of ideal size for fitting into the (Huggies) wipes container/dispenser which we use :D
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
 Post Reply Post Reply