FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedaio/sio or tuttos ittis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aio/sio or tuttos ittis
    Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:16pm
Okay, I bought my first few itti D'Lish nappies last week and LOVE them... I got the AIO and found the drying time fine as we have a fire on 24/7 and they're so easy peasy... So I want more ittis and I was just going to get more D'Lish AIOs but thought I'd ask what everyone else prefers cos maybe I should try the others??
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Sponsored Links

Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:24pm
I like my AIOs too. And I also love tuttos. I only have two SIOs and I honestly don't see why they're 'so much better then AIO'
My boy's not a heavy wetter and I can get them dry asap. Plus i don't find the AIO too much bulkier.
So my stash is about 17 tuttos and 10 AIO

My mum, who sometimes looks after DS prefers the simpleness of the AIO.

Maybe when you next purchase, throw a SIO in to try? Itti bitti website do trial packs with a AIO and a SIO.

I think everyone's opinion on them is different tho so you def needa try them out on your own babe
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 5:46pm
I muchly prefer my SIO. They are way trimmer and hold more pee than the AIO. Next would be the Tutto.

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 7:52pm
I have SIO's and Tutto's and I far prefer the SIO's, so trim!

Edited by Danda08
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 8:26pm
I have mainly AIO and a few SIO, I don't find a difference in drying time or trimness/bulkiness, but I do find the SIO is more absorbent

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 10:12pm
On my wee bubs I much prefered the AIO, but as he got bigger & the wee got bigger I prefered the SIO.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 11:00pm
For a good deal on Tutto's....

http://funkyfrog.co.nz/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_57_90

Basically paying the same price as an AIO for a tutto... so bargain! Postage $6.50 though... so you may want to buy with someone else...
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 11:06pm
Definitely depends on your baby and your preferences! I like all of them for different reasons - AIO are the simplest, but take a little longer to dry, and not so good for a heavy wetter. SIO are a bit more absorbent than AIOs, are a bit trimmer between the legs but may be a bit gapey around the legs with really skinny legged babies. Tuttos are a bit more absorbent again, are one size fits most so don't have to buy different sizes, and the hip snaps and leg holes are awesome for skinny legged babies.

Hope that helps!
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 8:50am
Thanks everyone! and whitewave thanks that really does help!
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 1:06pm
I prefer SIO over AIO as I like to take apart the whole nappy for washing. Never really noticed much with the drying time.
Tutto is awesome now that DD is bigger but when she was small and I was having to make it smaller to fit her it was way too fiddly and awkward for me to be bothered with.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 2:04pm
I prefer SIO too. I have all 3. I found that the AIO i had got a bit smelly after a while.  But are still nice and easy to use. Oh and SIO are definately more absornant, just slightly more bulk, but waaaay less bulk than any other nappy.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 2:55pm
I prefer the SIO to the AIO but that changes all the time...the AIO used to be my favourite, and it's definitely DP's favourite, but as DS has got older the SIO seems to last longer in absorbency and fit. And the SIO takes up less room in the nappy bucket...fills up so quickly with AIOs. My stash is about 50-50.

I personally hate the tutto - I bought some and sold them. The fit was terrible on my boy and I hated the baggy minky in the bum...much prefer the sized itti nappies. In saying that though, I do like the tutto inserts which I can use in my SIOs which seems to make them even trimmer but about the same absorbency as the usual inserts, unless I add the mini boosters.

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 5:33pm
I have all three and prefer my AIO's by far.
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 5:54pm
I haven't tried any of the others, but I do like that with the SIO I can just replace the inners if they are only wet. I use prefolds in them as well, which is good if the outer is dry before the inners.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 12:51pm
I like the SIO as I have a couple of extra inserts so can reuse the shell a couple of times (makes it cheaper).
I like the Tuttos tho as DD gets wingdrop on the mediums and so they can sometimes leak, which I dont get with the Tuttos, and ofcourse buying a OFSA is great as you dont need to buy 3 different sizes (and if you have a baby who takes ages to TT they actually last longer than the Larges apparently).
I only have 2 AIOs that I dont use any more (they are a size small..), but yeah tried them but prefered the SIO..

+1 May 09 Angel
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 4:02pm
I wasn't aware that the SIO's were more absorbant, I have a heavy wetter so maybe I should try a couple of them in the large. I'm not a fan of my tuttos just because of the minky butt bag, but for absorbancy they are great. I do have quite the stash of the tuttos tho, so while I may not prefer them we use those more often than not now that Liv has outgrown all of her medium AIO's.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 6:52pm
hi,
well i m a definite fan of SIO... as AIO are not absorbant enough for my heavy weatter.
i have 2 tuttos but the cover is bit bulky when on the smaller settings i find.
also my main issue with them is the side snaps... yep they stop wing droop but to my daugher they happen to sit just on the egde of the hip bones (if that s what they are called , foreigner typing here...sorry) and the snap are not too padded so they make pres marks and are bit painfull for my daugher who now doesnt want to wear the tuttos.
anyone has a similar issue with the side snaps?
thanks,
monika
 Post Reply Post Reply