FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFood for reflux and dairy intolerant baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food for reflux and dairy intolerant baby
    Posted: 18 July 2011 at 1:36pm
My baby is dairy intolerant and had severe reflux which has for the most part subsided and he is off losec now.

I had noticed recently sometimes depending on what he has eaten he will be happily eating but then all of a sudden he will puke everything back up, like real spew rather than a spill (sorry if TMI).

I noticed it mostly happened with meat and flavourous foods. The paed said because of his reflux and also sensitive tummy, and potentially more allergies which we will test for at 1, he will have trouble digesting some food particularly meat and things with chunks/pieces, which makes sense as he has spewed up when eating meat, toast and baby food that has whole bits of corn/carrot squares etc.

He said to keep his food smooth and plain. So I was wondering what people had had success on feeding their bubs particularly for lunch and dinner?

Usually he has rice cereal with fruit for breakfast which he loves, lunch usually the same or some toast and fruit and rice rusk, dinner has been a puree of meat and veges usually.

So Im guessing I need to puree the meat to the point where its completely liquid? I usually do mince and potato and veges or kumara and chicken and veges, etc.

Any other ideas for reflux friendly meals? He loves food but I expect it gets boring being as limited as it is without any dairy
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 2:25pm
have you tried him on soy yoghurt? or are you steering clear of soy as well?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:00pm
i havent been told not to do soy but have been wary- any reason not to?
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:07pm
Some that have issues with Dairy can also have issues with soy.

Then there is the whole soy debate.

Also have you tried Goat cheese? I think it only comes in Feta though.
Kel

2crazykids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2crazykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:18pm
You can make icecream with his formula, or rice milk (fyi my boy can't tolerate rice milks unless it's "Rice Dream" in the organic isle, the others have flavourings added.)
350ml milk
1tbs flour
heat on the stove until thickened
removed from heat, let cool then add puree apple/pear and golden syprup for flavour, then freeze for 1hr, then remove and "whiz" for 2-3 mins, then put into freezer in your serving portions.

My boy also loves mash vege and mince :) Breakkie he has weetbix crushed up with formula and peaches (Pureed peaches for you) The budget tinned ones are well tolerated.

Pureed fruit with Quinoa is also a good thing, then it's just a bit more than plain fruit.
fionaonaboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fionaonaboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:41pm
Hi, I also had a severe reflux little boy, who thankfully grew out of it enough to stop the losec at least when he was six months old. I never had problems with him throwing up whole meals, but of course pureed his food all the time, no chunks for quite a while. I would make any meal that we might eat (apricot chicken, casseroles (vege ones or ones with meat for iron), moroccon lamb... anything really!) and then just whizz it all in the food processor. Added water if it was too thick.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 2:02pm
Ohhh Emma, I might try that with Oatmilk!!!
Kel

Post Reply Post Reply