FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked#3 taking longer than first 2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Skittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #3 taking longer than first 2?
    Posted: 29 July 2011 at 1:31pm
Hi ya :)
I'm new to Oh Baby...I have a 5 year old and 3 year old and both were concieved first month of trying.We are now TTC #3 and this is my second month with a BFN (and yup, I know it is ONLY 2 months...it's just 2 months longer than I thought!)...I am 27 and have anywhere from a 26-31 day cycle, but more often than not it is 28 days.

Just wondering if others ended up taking longer to concieve with subsequent children?

Sponsored Links

notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 2:08pm
wow that is exactly like me my DD's are 3 years and 18months and both conceived first month, i am now on month 3 of ttc number 3 - i know it will happen its just a shock lol

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
Skittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 2:09pm
hehe I am the same - I am sure it will happen....I just want it to happen NOW! lol..and I expected it to, because of the previous times...and Im a bit obsessive...I dont know how to stop that 'expectation' each month if you know what I mean?
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 2:10pm
Me too! DD is 4 1/2 - (concieved 1st month of trying), DS 18months(2nd month of trying), and ttc #3- this is 3rd monhth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 2:12pm
whats the bet we all end up with April babies lol

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
Skittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 2:13pm
I wish, notenufchaos.....I am on day 22 (AF due next Wed) and took a test today (lol, Im toooo keen)...BFN....yes yes, could be too early...but not feeling great about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 2:41pm
hehe yes i did the too early testing last two cycles so disheartening so this month im definately not testing until 12 dpo and only then as i have short luteal phases so af is due then lol

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 5:40pm
In my case it was #2 that was really hard to conceive, took 16 months! Bit of a shock when #1 was a bit of an accident.

#3 was a bit of a surprise as well as we weren't trying, well unprotected s*x but other than that we weren't trying cause of a miscarriage the month before. Definitely didn't time it for any particular time to the month either!

But I have been taking zinc & apparently that is supposed to help.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 6:19pm
Hi ladies,
Well i can tell you that i concieved both my girls whilst using contraception and totally had the mindset that no contraception = a pregnancy, so totally thought it would happen first month.I went May, June not concieving and as im 40yrs this year i started to really panic and think omg ive left it too late, something must be wrong with me.Well i concieved this month-july and are currently just over 4wks preggers now-so keep at it ladies.
I used to read the TTC threads and think omg i dont even know that terminology, as id never had to.In saying that tho ive enjoyed the charting experience just to understand how my body works-but this month i stopped obsessing so much,obviously worked.
GD luck
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 7:07pm
*lurking* But OMG Kel, congrats!! I hope this is an allergy-free baby for you
Skittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 7:13pm
Thanks for the answers guys.

Congrats Keira - that's awesome!
boys.boys.boys.boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:30am
Yep, another one here!

DS1 was conceived on contraception, DS2 was conceived the first month after stopping the pill (while still BF full time!)

We are now 6+ months into TTC and still waiting.... hum ho!

As you all say, I know it will happen when it is meant to be, but still....
4 boys!! 7 years, 5 years, 2 years and 8 weeks...
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 4:03pm
 this is not the news I wanted to hear.
#1 DS, 2nd month trying.
#2 DD, 1 month trying.
#3 Testing next week first month....
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:45pm
meh me too!
I have never not been pregnant for this long!! (well while trying obviuosly) First two only took a couple of months

Havent been using anything since my last bub was born a year ago - AF returned in April and Im still minus a bump.

Im starting to wonder ......
http://lilypie.com]
Skittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 7:39am
I just thought I should probably update....I got a bit ahead of myself starting this thread! Turns out I AM pregnant this month...so didnt take long at all really! I really feel for all the people trying that are having no luck...it is a complete mind f**k - you are constantly aware of what day you are, where you should be, what may or may not be happening etc....I don't mean to sound naive or anything, I just don't know how you cope with going through that all for so long. I am such an impatient person, and found even this long a big screwy mind muck up!!

Baby dust to all those trying, best of luck!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:23am
Yay congrats, thats awesome! Totally know what u mean about it being all-consuming and screwing with your mind. I already feel like we have been ttc forever too, but its hardly been any time at all really.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:29am
I know what you mean!

Last time I ovulated (a couple of months ago!) my AF was 6 days late, boy was that bad news, we had got so excited, practically chosen names

Never mind, at least I know I can be pregnant, it must be harder for some of these 1st timers that take a while...
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 5:30pm
congrats skittle!!! im green with envy!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 7:26pm
well im now onto month four

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 7:08am
Notenufchaos, I'm here too... Well cycle 3 of charting, which also wouldnt be so bad if my cycles were nicely 28days instead of nearly 2 months each cycle!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>