FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe list goes on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The list goes on
    Posted: 13 August 2011 at 7:42pm
I came in here a while back. We started off with reflux issues which then graduated into chronic tonsillitis.

Now DD is having her tonsils removed in 3 weeks and possibly her adenoids to. Haven't been able to find anyone who could tell me there experience cause DD seems so much younger than the usual patients.

Also in the last week we had tests done for food allergies and also testing for celiacs disease. Could be another week before we have results back.

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 9:04pm
Only person I know who's had it done was a 6yo. She spent most of her 5th year sick. Had them taken out & has been healthy as a button since. She bounced back really really quickly, the nurses were so lovely to the kids having it done too.

Did you have Rast tests done? Crossing fingers that you get some answers.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2011 at 9:07am

No advice, but I really hope this makes a huge improvement in her life
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 8:54pm
Thanks ladies.

That is good to hear AandCsmum. Hopefully she will feel better than she does now.

We got the RAST tests back today and all negative. She hasn't had the hand prick test done and dr doesn't think its necessary. I do think it needs to be done as I'm sure she is lactose intolerant. Any time she has any dairy she gets very upset and screams and gets diarrhea. Seeing Pediatrician next month so will discuss it with him.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 9:42pm
The skin pricks won't show anything more than the RAST test. If it's an intolerance it won't show up on the skin prick or the RAST.

Simplest way is to cut dairy out 110% and see how she goes. Then introduce lactose free milk. If she still has issues with that then it will be more of a dairy protein intolerance. This is what Cooper has got but his is quite severe in that he can't have any dairy.

Intolerances are so hard to pick <sigh>

I should get Coopers tests re done & see if he shows up something or not as it's a year on.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 8:18pm
Thanks AandCsmum. I will give that a go.

Post Reply Post Reply