FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDBP & working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DBP & working
    Posted: 23 August 2011 at 2:21pm
Hey ladies,

So I am looking to become a porse educator, but I'm on the DPB and I don't remember how much extra $ I can earn.

Also, would it be easier to do more hours for porse and get additional help from WINZ or stay on the DPB and earn the extra?

I'm going to have to move out of my parents place to do porse so I need as much money as possible to afford to live.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 2:25pm
They take 50c out of every $ you earn up to a point, then they take 70c. Might be worth working out your WFF entitlement for you and T living alone and not on the DPB, i worked out what mine would be and it was something ridiculous, hang on i'll find the thread
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 2:27pm
Ta Dum! Also is T's dad paying c/s? If he is remember you'll get that paid to you if you're off the DPB as well.
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 2:36pm
Nope he doesn't pay. Cos he's too lazy to chase it up. I did my bit.

Thanks! I'll get my working out hat on
KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 8:20pm
Hey I have heard from ppl on the dpb and doing home-based care that the $$$ are different. It works out lots better, like you can earn $200 instead of $100 before ya benefits touched. not sure on the exact figure. But because its a home business they take in to count that your household expenses are increased so its not all profit like a normal job. Might pay to find out more about that as well.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 9:46pm
I think you can earn up to $100 before tax per week before they start taking any money out. I would go talk to your case manager and see what they can do either way, they really like people to get off the DPB so will support you lots, and they have all sorts of extra supplements to help you out.

PF- dont worry he will just have a big bill to pay, it all adds up over time and he will eventually have to start paying. My dad finished paying mine off when I was 20, but that was more to do with him having no money than not paying!

KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 9:56pm
I believe in the future they are going to make it that they have to have it immediately taken out of their pay.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 1:23pm
It actually said on all my c/s forms that if my baby daddy didnt pay it would automatically be deducted from his wage/they have the power to remove it from his bank account. I wonder if he has the new forms (being much younger then T) and T's dad has the old ones. He also didnt pay for about 2 months and had to backpay it. Hmm.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 10:18pm
DD's dad refused to pay anything at all childsupport wise so I filled out the form and filed it with IRD and then rang them and gave them all his up to date contact details, including the name and contact phone numbers of his boss. Then IRD assessed him and started sending letters and ringing him and his boss and their payroll office Long story short - it forced him in to a private agreement which worked in my favour.

I have heard that they are changing the way child support works and they are going to start chasing child support debt.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 10:31pm
With DPB and earning, I'm pretty sure you can earn up to $100 without any deduction, then between $100-200 you lose 50c of your DPB per $1 you earn, then over $200 you lose 70c per $1 you earn.
Gee1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 3:44pm
I am on the DPB and I have worked for 18 months for 10 hours a week. A job is secondary taxed as the DPB is your main income, and the first 100 (before tax) winz don't touch, if it is between 100-200 (a week, before tax) they take .30c in every dollar, and 200 plus is .70c in every dollar. Once you work 20 hours a week they will try to take you off DPB and you live on earnings with help with accommodation benefit and IRD working for families and family tax credit. Also if you have a student loan you will have to pay that back out of your job and also any loan you have with WINZ. I am looking at going into 30 hours a week now, but to be honest the difference in earnings is not really anything. If I was not working ten hours a week, I would probably get exactly the same on a full benefit (with tranport, childcare cost of working).
Gee1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 3:45pm
I think inhome childcare, if this is what you want to do, is not taxed. I think that is how it works in your favour, compared to going out to a job.
 Post Reply Post Reply