FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWool Shorties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wool Shorties
    Posted: 19 September 2011 at 1:57pm
Has anyone knitted their own?
Are they difficult for a novice knitter? And do you have a link for online instructions/pattern?

TIA

Sponsored Links

bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 2:39pm
I'm about to knit some longies, but these are by the same woman
Vanilla Soaker
I would recommend joining Ravelry, and searching the patterns for something that looks like what you are after. Some of the patterns are free, and some of them you pay for.
And if you ever find you don't know what to do, Y*u T*be has lots of video tutorials, thats how I learnt some of the more tricky techniques.

Edited by yarnmum
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 3:06pm
My mum is a super experienced knitter, but she whipped some up for DD in about 20 minutes when she was born too small for all the covers I had. Admittedly it was a small cover, but definitely not hard
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 3:46pm
I hadn't knitted since I was about 10yrs old and I managed to do a pair of shorties and longies. They just take a few days - spent a few hours each night knitting in front of tv at night once DS was in bed.
I second joining Ravelry...but it also helps having a go to person that is really good at knitting (or a local knitting shop) - I had my Mum - she was able to fix up any mistakes.
I recommend making them slightly bigger than you want them to be so they last longer!

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 4:19pm
Thanks ladies, that link you've put up is exactly what I was wanting, thanks yarnmum.
I'm hoping to make NB ones so they "shouldn't" take too long, famous last words huh

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:36pm
I just got a photocopied pattern from a retro pattern book if yours dont work out would be happy to post you a copy too.
 Post Reply Post Reply