FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood recipe for corned silverside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good recipe for corned silverside
    Posted: 24 September 2011 at 5:50pm
Hubby isn't a fan of corned beef but it was soooo cheap that I felt I had to buy some and prove him wrong. Does anyone have a seriously good recipe for cooking corned silverside? Thanks :)

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 7:22pm
i have always just cooked mine with vinegar and golden syrup... you can add cloves and all sorts to the water though. Long and slow though is the way. Oh and have a nice mustard sauce to serve it with... (from the Edmonds cook book).

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 8:31pm
Oh yes, I do! It's heavenly - takes a while, but soooo good! (And I'm not generally a fan of corned beef either).

http://recipes.co.nz/spiced-sugar-glazed-corned-beef

There you go
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 8:41pm
I cook it like bizzy does or I bung it in the crock pot pour over a bottle of ginger ale, sprinkle a few cloves on it and cook it on low all day. Delicious!
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:20pm
Thanks everyone- tried T-Rex's recipe yesterday and it was delicious! Will definitely do that one again! Even hubby had no complaints!

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 1:55pm
Glad you liked it! It's quickly become a favourite here.
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 9:25pm
I was wanting to try something a little different a few mths ago. Have used this several times since and love it!

http://www.food.com/recipe/best-corned-beef-silverside-on-the-planet-151187#ixzz1RrJYo200

Post Reply Post Reply