FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow many rounds of IUI did you need?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many rounds of IUI did you need?
    Posted: 04 December 2011 at 7:06pm
Hi,

I have just completed my second round of IUI and had another big fat negative. Everything seemed so perfectly lined up this time we even had to have the chat as there was a strong risk of multiples, but still nothing. Just wondering how many cycles other people have been through before they were successful and if anyone has any good tips about how to get through this?

We have been trying for 2 years, been with fertility associates since June, had 2 rounds of IUI (one with clomid, one without), and a cervical dilatation. This is the first time I have put anything on a forum, just really need some hope from other people's success stories after having a meltdown after yet another baby shower.

Please give me hope....

Sponsored Links

Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 7:12pm
Hi There, firstly HUGS! Its a bloody tough road to travel.
Im not the best person to answer your question as we have had mixed results. But I would like to say Hang in there, Everyone is different and responds differently. Good luck
TTC since 06 with MFI
IVF with ICSI 2007 BFN
DI Sept 08=BFP DS 06/09
TTC #2 since June 2010
DI#2 Aug10=BFP MC@10weeks
2011= 10 rounds of DI 4 with clomid- all neg
May 2012- IVF
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 7:35pm
Thanks for the hugs Caronz - they were really needed today.

After yet another friend getting pregnant after only a couple of months trying I am startng to completely lose the plot! I know there is nothing more I can do to affect the outcome, it just wasn't meant to be, but I just wish it would finally be our turn to feel as happy as they do!

kaz77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaz77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 7:11am
Hany in there.
You are not alone.
We did four 4x iui with clomid, was told all great cycles but all negative. Have just finished ivf which which worked for us, just over 4 weeks so early days.
All of my friends seemed to become pregnant with no problems, some not even trying, so i hear your frustrations. You are and your husband are the important ones here, and you have to look after yourself. If you cann't face a baby shower dont go, your friends will understand if they know what you are going through. Take care
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 6:15pm
Thanks Kaz, and congratulations!

Day 1 today and just found out we are able to do another round this cycle(only just made the cut off or would have to wait until Jan because of Xmas). Starting clomid day 5 this time, so fingers crossed.

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 3:17pm
Hugs Buttonz.

We have been weighing up IUI and IVF but have decided to go for IVF as we were told the success rate for IUI was only 10-15%. In saying that there have been some women on this forum who have had good success. Jmac has had a 50% success rate.

Good luck with cycle 3. Third time lucky right?!
Nats-mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nats-mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 5:13pm
Hi Buttonz, we got pregnant on the 4th round of IUI with clomid and a mid-afternoon IUI. All the previous IUIs had been in the morning so we opted for an afternoon appointment, just to try something different. Not sure if that was the reason it worked but I'm 21 weeks pregnant now. Best wishes to you :)
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:09pm
Congratulations Sarahzski! Thanks for giving me some hope, fingers crossed third time lucky.
After 2 1/2 years of treatment and IVF my heart was ripped out again when Jeremy was born sleeping at 21 weeks.
Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:18pm
I posted earlier but forgot to mention that I got pregnant with my DS on the first IUI, trying for #2 i got pregnant the seccond IUI, But sadly mc, since then I have done 10 rounds of IUI with no luck, so mixed results! But my DS is living proof that it does work Hang in there
TTC since 06 with MFI
IVF with ICSI 2007 BFN
DI Sept 08=BFP DS 06/09
TTC #2 since June 2010
DI#2 Aug10=BFP MC@10weeks
2011= 10 rounds of DI 4 with clomid- all neg
May 2012- IVF
greentee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greentee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:56am
Hi,
Did iui with clomid and concieved son first time, after trying for 2 years. Have had 3 more iui with clomid cycles, no luck so far, started again when son was 15months. Have you had an hsg? I conceived son with iui the first cycle we could try after having a hsg. Just had another hsg, so hoping we have some luck in the new year....
Take care, I know it is a bloody rough road. Baby showers are the hardest to go to when you are doing fertility treatment. Sort of feel similiar now that everyone seems to be falling pregs with number 2 with no probs at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care and all the best for this cycle.
GT
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:58pm
Thanks GT, I have a lot starting on #2 as well. Had HSG last year, had cervical dilation and camera between IUI 1 & 2, FS was hoping we would get pregnant naturally just from that, but not to be and that is when we started clomid. Feeling positive for this round even though I have just found out about another pregnancy (that makes 5 in 2 weeks!) - I really hope it is contageous :)

Thanks everyone for posting and giving me hope - fingers crossed Santa spoils you with a BFP for Xmas.
After 2 1/2 years of treatment and IVF my heart was ripped out again when Jeremy was born sleeping at 21 weeks.
greentee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greentee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 8:30pm
Hi Buttonz,
Wow finding out about 5 pregs in 2 weeks, that is full on!! Just reread your first post. Tips on getting through this.... try to plan things still, as in try not to put your life on hold. I know this is easier said than done but it helps to have things planned that you really enjoy, that you can look foward to no matter the result of your fertility treatment at that time. Also have you told some of your family and friends what is happening? We didn't tell any family for a long time and I actually felt a lot more relaxed after telling my parents and inlaws. Hope this helps:)
What part of this great country are you in?
GT
Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 10:02pm
Thanks GT. I'm in Wellington. A lot of my friends and family know as I am the only one left in our group who is married but doesn't have kids or pregnant and most of them are really great, it's just hard for them to relate, and I hope they never understand what this is like. I am trying to plan a lot of things to keep me busy, but with everyone with kids or pregnant it gets hard to organise things where I don't feel upset at the end of it.

I am feeling really positive this month(hopefully it lasts when I get to the dreaded 2WW), and taking your advice I am doing some of the things I have put off, time to become the best me in the meantime    I have just gone for a new role and work, and joined Weight Watchers to lose that 8kg I've been meaning to lose for a while but put off as there was no point if I was going to just get bigger. So at least if we aren't successful this round I will fit my jeans better (not the best consolation prize, but it's something).

Thanks for your support, finding this forum is really making a difference to my head space!
choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2011 at 4:41pm
Hi Buttonz

Just thought I would add in that I got pregnant at 41yrs on IUI#4 (all unmedicated) after 3 negatives I really thought would need to go to IVF but apparently my body just needed 1 more shot.

Best of luck this cycle!

J

Buttonz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2011 at 8:23pm
Thanks Choco. I'm on round 3 now, was lucky to be able to do it before Xmas, so fingers crossed and thanks for giving me hope :)
 Post Reply Post Reply