FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFinger Food meals for 14 month old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pencils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pencils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finger Food meals for 14 month old
    Posted: 07 December 2011 at 1:38pm
For the past week my little girl (aged 14 months) has been kicking up a fuss when I try and feed her veges and meat from a bowl, using a spoon. It's a bit of a battle to feed her sometimes.

Today she refused this for lunch so, just like at dinner last night, I ended up making her a cheese and vege toasted sandwich. I cut it into little pieces and she happily fed herself.

What are some easy and delicious finger food meals she can have for lunch and dinner? Would be grateful for any suggestions!! Thanks
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 4:05pm
I give alex a portion of any dinner meal and just let him go for it no matter what it is. Even rice and mashed potato. He loves noodle type meals. Quiche is good cause you can have chunky vege in it
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 10:21am
Jacob's that age, and although he sometimes finds a spoon hard work he can eat very well with a fork. That means he can feed himself most things we eat - sloppy stuff like mince is harder, but anything that can be stabbed is fine (even couscous works since it kind of clumps together and he can stab it fine).

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 7:10pm
My DS basically eats all his meals with his hands now for the same reason, he is very strong willed and doesn't like being fed. He has sandwiches cut into small squares, boiled egg broken into pieces, he loves to eat pasta with his hands and noodles, meatballs, mince just in little chunks, any kind of meat broken up. You can do toast fingers, small chunks of fruit and veges, everything really! He also LOVES to eat sushi and it is the perfect finger food. I just cut up our family meal into pieces for dinner and he has that. Never thought I would feed him that way but he hates to be fed with a spoon and eats so much more this way. I give him a spoon to play with and have noticed him trying to load it up with food, so he gets the idea of that too, and I still feed him things   like yoghurt or weetbix with a spoon.
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply