FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJust started first IVF cycle!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jaqui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just started first IVF cycle!!
    Posted: 13 December 2011 at 8:54pm
Hi there,

I am a newbie to this forum but have been with another for a long time...but wanted to switch to a NZ site

I am 27 and partner and I have been TTC for 4 yrs 8 months...unexplained infertility but I do also have endo.....and the time has finally come...I am on the IVF journey!!!

Am just wondering if there is anybody else also doing IVF at the mo. would be great to have some buddies to chat to, going through the same thing??

Look forward to meeting some girlies
xx
Sponsored Links

LivMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2011 at 10:42am

Hey there GL! If you look further down the copig with infertility list there is actually a thread for IVF'ers :)

RajneesMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RajneesMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 1:55pm
Hi Jaqui
There are lots of us on the IVF rollercoaster. Most of us hang out on a private FB page now. If you IVF chat thread you'll see who to message if you'd like to join. It's a secure site (not visible to your other FB friends), & lots of lovely supportive ladies there. Sorry I don't know how to koin you up myself.
Cycle-wise, the clinics all close for Christmas, but there will be quite a few of us starting new cycles in January (including me). Where are you up to on your journey?
I see AM at Fertilty Associates in Wellington. Who do you see?
TTC since 2008
Me 41 & DH 40
Severe endometriosis
IVFx5 + 2xFET BFN
6th IVF April 2011 BFP - PPROM 17weeks (my darling Rajnee)
7th IVF Oct 2011 BFN
8th IVF Feb 2012 BFN, FET April 2012 BFN

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 5:01pm
Jaqui - good luck with your IVF journey. It's a rollercoaster, but we're all fantastic at supporting each other. I don't know what I would have done before finding the OB IVF pages and now with our facebook group. Please feel free to join us, otherwise I'll pop in here occassionally to answer any questions etc. If you want to join the facebook group just PM me. I hope your IVF journey is short!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
whimsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whimsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:48am
Hi Jaqui :)

I am also doing my first IVF cycle at the moment, and also with Wellington FA. I am currently on the pill and start jabs on 02nd Jan.

This section of the forums is a little quiet, so come and join us on the FB group. Don't be shy, I was a little at first but it is a lovely supportive group of women and there are 3 of us on there at the moment all on our first IVF cycle over Dec/Jan.

Wishing you all the very best for your cycle!
CarleyRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 3:44pm
I am too on the FB Page, Currently i am on the pill, first lot of injections start 17 Jan. Good luck on your journey, there are lots of helpful ladies around here to help you out with any questions.
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
FET-8th August - BFP 20/8/12
Jaqui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 6:03pm
Thanks so much everybody for your responses!!!! Yay so awesome to meet ppl on the same journey...and at the same time!!!

Am hoping to join your fb page...so hope to see you all soon xx
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 8:31pm
See your PM Jaqui!!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
rachb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 3:59pm
Jaqui, all the best for you cycle, I am starting my jabs on the 2nd jan, have you joined the fb group?

pjjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 7:30am
Hi All,
I'm starting jabs for my round 2 on 14th January.

Please could I have an invitation to the FB group? I'd love to join in.

Good luck, everyone.
Kirsten
hardingbubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardingbubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 6:21pm
Hi all
My hubby and I are on the waiting list in Wellington. Starting our first cycle in September. even though we havent started, I'd love to join you on facebook, as long as its private and can't be seen by my friends.
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2012 at 7:48pm
The FB group is totally private, it doesn't show up on your news feed or anything like that. PM tichler, she knows the trick to invite you to the group. We would love to have you both.
Mermaidess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mermaidess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 1:12pm
I'm starting the first cycle next month and have just sent a message to tischler so will hopefully find out how to join the facebook page. I'm pretty nervous so it would be great to link up with others going through the same thing!
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 4:26pm
Hi girls, GL with your upcoming IVF cycles
Just so you know Tishler is away on holiday for a few days so if she doesnt reply to your PMs dont be offended Im not sure how to add people to the group sorry...
TTC for 4 1/2 years
IVF #1 - April 2012 short BFP, no frosties
IVF #2 - August 2012, BFP!! 3 frosties!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mermaidess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 6:55pm
Thanks for your message LadyBee! If anyone else knows how to join the facebook group can you please send me a message
Georgiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:51am
Hi Mermaidess,

I am in the FB group too and it is a wonderful group of ladies... I don't know how to add people either but will ask for you. I'm doing my first round of IVF early Feb so maybe we could end up being cycle buddies. ;-)

:-)

TTC#2
8th round of clomid 100mg
1 failed IUI.
Waiting for IVF now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mermaidess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 11:04am
That would be great!! :) Feel a bit clueless about it all at the moment but hopefully will figure things out along the way. Weird combination of excitement and being scared... was so excited to find out it had been brought forward then got quite depressed when I realized I had to actually go through it and deal with the uncertainty... but will all be worth it if it works :)
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 10:59am
If anyone else wants to join the FB group please PM me on here what your real name is and what your profile pic looks like and I can add you
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF#1 - Chem Pregnancy,no frosties
IVF#2 - BFP!!!! Plus 1 frostie

MarsyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarsyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by hardingbubba hardingbubba wrote:

Hi all
My hubby and I are on the waiting list in Wellington. Starting our first cycle in September. even though we havent started, I'd love to join you on facebook, as long as its private and can't be seen by my friends.

Hi there, my husband & I are also starting our first cycle in September and we are in Wellington also only 6 mths to go! How long have you been on the waiting list?
hardingbubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardingbubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 10:59am
We had been trying for about 15 months then had our meeting with John Hutton at FA Wellington. Been on the waiting list since October last year. Soooooooo can't wait. Join the facebook forum and we can chat!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>