FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSupport groups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Georgiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Support groups
    Posted: 01 January 2012 at 11:12am
Hi Everyone,

I'm on the lookout for a supportive private facebook group or similar for women who have struggled with infertility and reached the end of the road.
My sister is in this boat. She has been to FA, but DH does not want to do IVF so she is trying to come to terms with the loss of her dream. I've been on this TTC journey myself for nearly 2 years and have a glimmer of understanding... but really feel it would be amazing for her to be able to talk to women in the same boat as her.
I realise that she needs to reach out herself... but I thought that I might be able to help her by introducing her to a supportive group. I'm in an IVF group, which has helped me sooo much I just want the same for her.

I really appreciate any tips.

TTC#2
8th round of clomid 100mg
1 failed IUI.
Waiting for IVF now.
Sponsored Links

spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 8:24pm
Hi we have a fb group which seems pretty supportive (is that the one you're in? If so I'm preaching to the perverted perhaps?!), I have been on it about 2 months. Its mainly geared towards women doing ivf but I don;t think its completely exclusive - some have been successful, some are on breaks/waiting etc

I don't know of any others specifically for infertility but if one is started, let me know.

There are lots of forums out there, depending on what she most gels with (Oh baby - maybe not so active here cos of fb group - everybody, daily strength (US-based but I went here post-miscarriage#2, taking care of your fertility, probably a few others maybe bellybelly - I don't really go there)Its a little disheartening trawling through pregnancy forums to find this stuff sometimes, but there should be something out there for her, if nowt on fb. Is it more 'childfree' sitches that she would be interested in? I'm guessing so, but, never assume anything, is my motto!
If she's one for words, there seems to be a blogging community out there - have a look through the Stirrup Queens site for links to women potentially in similar circumstances?
Good luck and all the best to you both - thats all I can think of right now

Edited by spanky77
3x miscarriages, balanced translocation likely culprit.

BFP from 2nd round IVF, The Bonk born in May 2013
lala1739 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala1739 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 12:12pm
Maybe contact Fertility NZ (http://fertilitynz.org.nz/) they may have some ideas or support groups.
TTC #1 since Aug 09.
Me 29, DP 37
Lap Jan 11 - Stage 3 endo
IVF #1 - October 11 - BFP!!! Due July 2012 :)
Georgiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 4:50pm
Thanks everyone that has been really helpful.
All I can do now is suggest them and see if it works for her.

I can't help but think it would be good for her and DH to have some couple friends without kids. So there are people that they can spend time with. Without having the constant reminder.

Thanks

TTC#2
8th round of clomid 100mg
1 failed IUI.
Waiting for IVF now.
choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 7:41am
another option is http://nz-surrogacy.com/ - there are people on there who have been thru long journeys, some have been successful and some haven't, they are incredibly supportive - and don't worry it's not all about surrogacy it's about all types (and reasons) for infertility - plus it's completely private

Post Reply Post Reply