FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked11 month old starting to not feed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11 month old starting to not feed
    Posted: 06 January 2012 at 12:37pm
It started for her nite feeds (I feed to sleep) she would start to suck for 1 minute then pull off and either chatter or suck her thumb. First nite it took me and hour before she would feed and sleep. Second nite we changed the bed routine (from bath to feed and sleep to bath, book reading feed then sleep) she got no letdown as she fussed too much - dry nappy in the morning but no night wake. Thirs nite took 14 mins for a letdown after 2 attemtps to get her to feed over 30 mins. Now today she pulled her night feeding stunt on her 1st BF this morning too, so upset! maybe this is her time to start weaning, at 11 months corrected age is too early! I ended up expressing as when i finally got her to latch when she was asleep she got no letdown this is so frustrating. worried how the afternoon one is going ot go no, i have no answers anymore. I rang LLL and they said to just try all the usual things, but from what i read on web 11 months is not unusual for babies to wean, and since she is doing it gradually it could well be. Gutted. I will still try my hardest but this really sux, anyone have any similar stories, ideas??
Sponsored Links

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 1:17pm
I can sympathise, my DD self weaned cold turkey at 13 months and it was heart breaking. I tried allsorts of things, but never got her to latch again. Thankfully I didn't have to feed her to sleep though which would make it harder. Was stressful enough as it was! I cried quite alot as went from having such a good BFing relationship to nothing at all.

How long has she been doing this for?

www.kellymom.com is a very helpful place to go for info as well.
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 2:50pm
could it be your period returning? That made things pretty weird for me for a bit last time. No other ideas sorry.
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2012 at 8:29am
Jacob started to wean himself at about that age. I've always thought it was partly because I was pregnant too. But by the time he was 1 he just didn't want feeds anymore. The more I tried to offer, the more frustrated he got. I assumed that if he actually needed the milk, he would drink it, and accepted that that was it. He definitely hasn't suffered, he's a happy healthy little boy.

Post Reply Post Reply